XXXXVII - Gang Leader

I've been buried in paperwork since we reopened all of our businesses again three weeks ago. Mom left after a week and went back to Japan, but not before I gave her enough money to last her and my siblings a lifetime. I told her that it would just have to do until I can buy them a house in the states again. She was hesitant but I wasn't taking no for an answer and let her take off.

Dad still hasn't woken up but I was being patient. The doctor has come once every week to check on his vitals and what not. I obviously didn't forget about that bastard that got him in this position in the first place, so I decided to pay a visit to him awhile ago.

As I got down the stairs the boys were already down there, torturing him in the worst way possible. When I entered the room he just snickered, "So you sent a little girl to do the damage to me?"

I scowled and bent down so I was at the same level as him, "I think you tend to forget who was behind that mask Augustus," I said as I dragged the blade of a knife on his jawline. His eyes widened in fear and he squirmed under the chains that held him down. Only causing him to fail miserably.

"You, you're going to kill me, aren't you?" He said more of a statement than a question.

I thought about it for a second, "No."

"What?" He said in shock.

"What?" the boys yelled in unison.

I stood up to my full height and looked down on him, "Now Augustus, from what I've learned from you, you care about family, no?" He stared at me and nodded his head fiercely, "Now I did some research. Only to find out that you have three kids and a lovely little wife in North Carolina. Well, today is your lucky day Augustus, you're finally going home."

"What?" he breathed out. The boys eyed me curiously, trying to figure out my plan.

"Yes Augustus, I'm letting you go free. I am going to let you live whatever is left of your pathetic life with your family. I am going to let you be happy, maybe even make a few more little ones with the misses," a smile tugged on his lips and tears formed in his eyes but dropped when he heard my next words, "For now."

"I am going to let you live your life and create an unbreakable bond with your family, and when you least expect it, I'm going to kill your children one by one. And then I will shoot your lovely little wife, and just when you think you've lost everything, I will come after you. Only hoping that you're already prepared for your death. I am going to let you mourn your family's death all by yourself with nobody to comfort you. And I promise you, once your first child drops dead, so will the next, and then the next, and then the next, eventually leaving you with nothing." I grimaced as more tears started to flow out of his eyes.

"I am going to let you live your life with you constantly looking over your shoulder as you cautiously watch over your children's safety. I am going to kill you like you almost did my father, but this time, you won't be lucky." I then headed towards the door and opened it before his voice stopped me, "No! No! Don't hurt my family! Don't hurt them! You can't do this!" He shrieked.

I let out a cruel laugh, "But you see Augustus, I can, and I will," and I walked out leaving the door open with the guys in tow. I stopped by Gerald who was blocking the door, "Get Landon and I want the both of you to drop his body off at his family's house. The car already has the address in it so there is no problem, get him there before midnight and call me when you do, " I ordered and he went to do as he was told.

I sat down at the table as the other guys sat down as well. We started to dig into dinner after the chefs brought our plates, "Blu why did you let him go?" Will blurted out.

"Yeah we could've just killed him," Dill offered.

"Boys, there are far worst things than death," I said as I continued eating. They all looked at each other before Zach asked, "Like what?"

I swallowed my food and looked at him with a bored expression, "Fear."

After dinner I headed back into the office and finished sorting through paperwork until 2:00 a.m. After arranging the files back into the cabinet I cleaned up any more messes and made my way upstairs.

I opened Matt's door to see him sleeping peacefully with his head buried in the pillow. I tiptoed over to him and gave him a kiss on the head and walked out. I closed his door and went to Dill's room who was buried under the covers, and then Will who was covered with pillows. And lastly Zach who was surprisingly still awake.

I knocked on his door frame which made his head shoot up in my direction. I gave him a soft smile, "Hey Zachy Poo," I whispered.

"Hey Blu Bear, " he whispered back. I walked over to him and sat next to him, "Can't sleep?"

"No, I was about to head to bed actually," he said as he laid down. I pulled the covers over him and gave him a kiss on his cheek before leaving. "Goodnight Zachy Poo," I whispered as I headed out.

Before I could walk into the hallway he whisper yelled, "Blu Bear?"

I turned back around, "Yes?"

He looked hesitant for a moment before replying, "Are you okay with Rivers? I just don't want him to treat our little sister like trash," he asked concerned.

I chuckled and gave him a smile, "Of course brother bear, if he does something stupid again it'll be the night I sleep with one of you guys and not him," I answered. He gave me a nod, "That's good, Goodnight."

I walked into the bedroom to see Rivers already in bed. I slid in next to him with my back facing him. I felt him turnover and pull me into his chest, "How was the paperwork?" He asked in a groggy voice that sent shivers down my spine. I love a guys' morning voice it made me feel all tingly.

"It was okay, I finally got the rest finished," I said ignoring the shivers.
He placed kisses on my neck that let me relax a little bit more.

This is what I wanted, this is what I needed. I needed Rivers as much as I needed him. I loved this man behind me, and I couldn't find a more safe place than in this man's arms. It felt comforting, it felt like home.