"I don't kiss for fun" my voice is small and shaky.

"Get over it!" He says authoritatively and then he adds "if you have nothing more, I am getting late for work"

And then he stands and leaves. Why do I feel so sad all of a sudden?. This time I don't stop my tears from falling as I clear the table. I should stop hoping for anything more. Maybe I will never find love.

I am still brooding as I wash the utensils and I am sure they can feel my unwanted vibe. Once in a while I find myself forgetting to be gentle so there's lots of noise in the kitchen.

"Morning Li" a cheerful voice comes from somewhere and I jump. Its just nelson. And he called me Li.

"You too nelson"I smile trying to sound just like him . cheerful. But it comes out all wrong. My voice sounds weird. Thank God I am not crying anymore but does he always enter like that? Without knocking. Am pretty sure we didn't sleep in the same house.

"Watchu doing?" He asks. Like he can't see.

"As you can 'seee' I'm tidying up the kitchen" I make sure to emphasize the 'seee'. He smiles and comes closer. I don't like it.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask

"Yea... You" he says.

"Stop fooling around stupid!. I still have lots of work to do" he comes closer ... And then some more and I take a step back. I don't like this.

"Stop that!.. " I yell.

"What? A bee can't steal some sweet nectar from a flower?" He says with a seductive voice. He is too close for comfort. I don't feel comfortable anymore. So I push him with all the force I can. He stumbles back a bit.

"I know you want me too. After yesterday I could feel you...." He doesn't get to finish.

"I don't pay you two to flirt!" A loud and authoritative voice makes the both of us jump.

How long has he been standing there? Good God! I don't even want to know. Nelson scatters away from the kitchen immediately. super fast.

"I just came to inform you that we might be having a guest later, make something delicious. And I figured out this house might be too big for one housekeeper so tomorrow someone will join you." Then he turns and walks away. Then he comes back again.

"Miss Delvin!, I catch you flirting again, I won't take it lightly" with that, he is gone.

What's up with him calling me Miss Delvin all of a sudden. Maybe he is just keeping it professional.

I try to do as much cleaning as I can. When am done I take a nap and set an alarm to wake up and prepare dinner. Time flies fast and in no time I am in the kitchen showing off my culinary skills... Not like I am master chef or anything but a girls got to have some confidence.

I hear the doorbell ringing as soon as I finish preparing the food.

Shock! Shock! Shock!. What is Megan doing here?. She looks shocked as well. Clearly she didn't know I work here. Before I can say anything Remington shows up behind her.

"Miss Delvin I presume you have already met Megan" he says

"She is the guest?" The words tumble out of my mouth before I can filter them.

"Yes! I'll have you know she is a very good friend of mine". Ouch! That hurt. So that's why he smiled at her the other day in the office. But anyone can see that Megan is head over heels for this man. The way she looks at him is prove enough.

"We will be in my study. Call us when the food is ready" Remington's commanding voice comes out sharp and authoritative.

I stare at their retreating backs. Megan is holding Remy's arm clinging on it as if her life depended on it. I don't like the way her chest is brushing his side. And then I stare at Remy. Even from behind he looks really attractive. My mind flies to the previous night. His lips felt amazing.

Its not healthy for me to relive that memory he was clear about that this morning. Has he ever kissed Megan? That thought makes me feel bad and then I just want to follow them and see what they are up to. Megan is very attractive I don't like her being with him. I don't like that I am getting jealous, so I go to set the table before I start wallowing in self pity over not being liked.

When I'm done I go to call them just like I was asked. When I get to the study, the door is slightly open I can see Megan sitting on Remy's lap. She is giggling like a little teenager. Remy's eyes fly up and he sees me. And then he just stares, Megan follows his gaze and her eyes land on me.

Then she turns and whispers something in Remy's ear and he nods and smiles. I turn green I wish I could do that.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" Remy's voice comes through.

"The food is all set" I say

"We will be there in a few... Oh and it's really rude to eavesdrop on peoples conversations" he says drily.
Megan giggles again. Gah! Its annoying.

"I'm sorry" I barely say walking away. I am starting to dislike him. Why is he so bipolar sometimes he is nice and then he is mean and then he kisses me and acts like it was nothing at all.

They are seated at the table in a few minutes. I am surprised Megan has not talked to me yet but she keeps giving me dagger eyes. I don't want to sit at the same table as them, so I go back to the kitchen but boss man calls me back and orders me to sit.

"Why didn't we just go out and eat somewhere?" Megan whines.

"Because we already have food" Remy answers her.

"But the food is not great here" she complains. And I go sour. I knew I don't like her from the first day I saw her....

Lovely people, thank you for reading
Please vote and comment