Part 4: Starstruck

rinnggggggg!!

Lucinda signaled me to answer the phone and "Hello Haute Couture Magazine Goodmorning how may I help you?" Well honestly I've been practicing that line since the day I got called back for an interview, so excited to finally say it.

"Yes hello this is Marc Jacobs and I want to confirm if Athena will be using my collection for your spring issue?" said the man on the other line. Oh.My.Freakkin.Gawd! Marc Jacobs as in THE Marc Jacobs? the famous designer is on the other line right now? Imma go jelloid! So I composed myself and said "Hang on a minute Mr. Jacobs as I go talk to Athena or do you want me to just call you back so you don't have to wait" and Mr.Jacobs said "Oh it's fine, I'll just wait for you and please tell Athena I said hi". "Oh okay sir just a second".

I went to Athena's office and "Athena, Mr. Marc Jacobs is on the phone right now asking if you'll use his collection for your spring issue". 

"Oh! Marc is too ugh whatever! Tell him no and call Karl's people and tell them we'll use his collection."

"I'm sorry, did you say Karl? Do you mean Karl Lagerfeld of Chanel?"

The bitch looked at me like I'm the most stupid person in the world, duh! obviously there are also other Karl/Carl in the world, right?

"Are you seriously asking me that Blake? Why of course it's Karl, now off you go."

"It's Blair" I went out of her office before she could even say a witty remark to me. Ha!

I can't believe she turn down Marc Jacobs, now what am I gonna say to him without offending him?

"Hello Mr. Jacobs sorry for taking a while, I just want to say that your designs are to die for and really beyond compare, they're my personal favorites by the way but Athena says she won't use your collection this spring but maybe she'll use your other collections in other issues. It was so kind of you to offer though."

"OK well then thank you?"

"It's Blair" 

"Oh and Blair you're such a darling I'm pretty sure that's not what Athena said, I know her well enough, but it was nice of you to say what you said but do you really love my designs?"

"Oh Mr. Jacobs I really do, especially your spring collection."

"Oh if you want I could give you some clothes just drop by my shop in 5th Avenue I'll be there every Tuesdays and Thursdays, drop by and say hi to me whenever you're free."

"Oh my gosh Mr. Jacob's thank you soo much, sure I'll be there on Thursday."

"Ok dear goodbye and see you on Thursday"

I squealed on my seat as Mr.Jacobs hang up his phone, I was just so happy. Lucinda looked at me smiling and said "Mr. Jacobs's too nice isn't he? I was like that when I first talked to him, he even gave me some of his collection."

"He offered me some too and I'll meet him on Thursday! ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod is this rteally happening?!"

Lucinda laughed at me and said "You are one lucky girl". 

"Oh yeah that, I am." I smirked and we both laughed.

I remembered to call Karl Lagerfeld's people and started freaking out, how does one talk to a famous A lister designer without sounding like a starstruck stupid fan? That I don't know. I looked at the contacts file in our office's Mac Book which is only mine to use. Lucinda and I did some little briefing earlier today about the contact lists of all the people we might call and there, there's even a personalize app installed in this laptop, which will give us an easy time, thank God to the one who invented this. I quickly typed Karl in the search box and there it is, appeared 6 numbers one labelled with Karl's phone, Karl's assistant, Karl's PR, Karl's home, Karl's pent house and lastly Karl's office.  Now who will I call? I'm thinking it's probably proper to call his assistant first. So I just settled with Karl's assistant since I don't know if I can handle talking to Karl himself. After 2 rings a lady answered.

"Hello, Karl's office, How may I help you?"

"Hello! I'm calling from Athena's office to inform you that we will be using Mr. Karl Lagerfeld's spring collection for the spring campaign that will be featured in the magazine."

"Oh, great! I'm sure Karl will be delighted to hear that, I'll let him know and I'll email you the photos of the collection."

"Alright, thank you! Have a good one!"

"Bye, you too!"

After talking for about 1 minute or so it was settled! Ha! that was my first official call I made here in HC! Coolio!  Not to mention it was for Karl Lagerfeld!

Before I know it, it was already time to head out and I texted Gab and Hill to meet me in Carpe Diem in 15 minutes.

A/N: Boring I know! haha. This is mainly for my best friend Mat's benefit. Im writing it for him, because he wants to read this story I wrote ages ago. So hello there Mat, thanks for encouraging me to write this, you're the best Bitch! :)

Ceejay xxx