Chapter 16

I struggled to open my eyes, a pounding pain radiated through my head.

I rubbed it as I sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room I was in.

'Where am I..?' I thought.

Then, I felt movement next to me.

I looked over to see Lindsay's sleeping frame and just like that, everything that happened last night popped into my head.

'Shit, shit, shit!.. I slept with her!'

I stood up quickly, realizing I was still naked.

I hurriedly started putting my clothes back on before making a beeline for her bedroom door.

Luckily, I was able to slip out without waking her up. I slowly snuck past all the passed out party guests and out the front door.

I took a quick glance back at her house before walking off down the street.

I stopped a few streets down and sat on the curb, putting my head in my hands.

'What the hell were you thinking!? Clearly I wasn't... and what does it matter anyway? I'm single now...'

I felt a few tears well up at the thought.

Even though Jane dumped me, I still felt guilty, like I was cheating on her.

I wiped my eyes before standing up, quickly realizing I had no clue where I was and no way to get home.

I pulled my phone out and dialed Emma's number.

After a few rings, she picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey... its Blair... I'm sorry to bother you but I'm lost and I could really use a ride..."

She was quiet for a second, then she sighed. "Send me the address, I'll be right there."

I lowered my head. "Thanks... I'll see you soon."

Then, we said our goodbyes and hung up. I texted her the street name before sitting back down on the curb.

After a few minutes, her car came to a stop in front of me.

I got in and avoided making eye contact. "Thanks..."

She nodded, but wouldn't look at me either. "Sure..."

We drove in silence at first.

'C'mon, Blair, you owe her an apology.'

I sighed. "Emma... I know you probably don't care, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry... for everything. You were right the whole time and I should've just listened..."

She looked over at me. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm sorry for-"

"No, not that. What do you mean 'I was right'. What happened?"

I lowered my head. "Oh... um, Jane dumped me..."

"Oh... I'm sorry, Blair." She replied.

I shrugged, still looking down. "It's not your fault..."

She took a quick glance at me. "Blair, I never wanted that to happen to you... I just wanted you to be happy."

I nodded. "I know..."

She took my hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze.

I looked over at her, a small smile forming on my lips. "I missed you."

She smiled back. "Me to..."

Then, she groaned. "Ugh, let's not fight anymore. I hate being mad at you."

I chuckled. "Deal."

After she dropped me off, I walked inside my house, her words starting to really sink in.

I walked into the kitchen where my parents sat at the table.

"Uh, hey..."

They both looked up at me.

"Blair... we're both really sorry-" Marry started, but I raised my hand, cutting her off.

"No need, I should be the one apologizing... you guys are my parents and I love you more than anything... you were just looking out for me and I'm sorry for how I acted."

They smiled before standing up and pulling me into a tight hug.

"We forgive you, sweetie." Marry said.

"And, we love you to." Vanessa added.

After the hug, I headed to my room, ready to put the last week behind me.

Sure I loved Jane and a little part of me probably always will. But, I made some mistakes to. I pushed friends and family out of my life because of that love... I used to think love was something you only experience when you're an adult, that it had an age limit.

But, I was wrong, love is something that just happens. It's something you can't plan for or expect, like finding a five dollar bill on the sidewalk. It's lucky and if you spend it right, it could make you happy.

But, it could also be dangerous. Now, I'm not saying you can't fall in love or that you shouldn't, but you have to be carful, you have to be ready for potential heartache. Because you have to remember, when you love someone, you're trusting them to hold a piece of your heart, to love and care for it and sometimes that doesn't always work out.

Love is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Sure, sometimes it could end badly, but that doesn't mean you should fear it. You should welcome it with open arms and bask in it for as long as you can because some people never get to truly experience love. And I feel bad for those who don't.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, love can be a beautiful thing and sometimes, to make it work, you have to fight tooth and nail for it. You can't just give up if you truly love someone, or else it isn't true love...

I sat quickly, pulling my phone from my pocket and dialing Emma's number.

"Hello?"

"Emma, I need your help."

"What? I just dropped you off."

I sighed. "I know... but, there's something important I need to do."

She was quiet for a second, then sighed. "Fine, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Thanks." I said before hanging up and quickly getting dressed.

I walked down into the living room, my parents looking over at me from the couch.

"Where are you off to?" Vanessa asked.

I took in a deep breath. "Mom, I know you don't want me to see Jane... but, I love her and I don't ever wanna lose that feeling. I've never felt like this for anybody and I'll be damned if I let it get away without a fight."

They both stared at me silently for a minute... then, they smiled.

"Well, what're you waiting for?" Marry asked.

"Yeah, don't let us hold you up." Vanessa added.

I smiled. "Thanks guys, I love you."

"Love you to." They replied as I marched out the door to Emma's waiting car.

"What's so important?" Emma asked once I got in.

I took a deep breath. "I need to talk to Jane... before she's gone forever..."