Chapter 7

'Did I really just think that? Do I really love Jane? It has to be, how else would you explain it?' I blinked a few times. 'I love her... I love Jane.'

"Uh, Blair? You still with me?"

I shook my self back to reality. "Uh, yeah sorry, what were you saying?"

She giggled. "I asked if you wanted to go on a date this Friday?"

"Like a date, date?" I asked nervously.

She laughed again. "Yes like a date, date. Just because this is a secret relationship doesn't mean we can't go on dates."

'True.'

"Where would we go?"

"It's a surprise, but you have to accept first."

I smiled. "How could I say no?"

"Great, I'll pick you up Friday night then. How does eight o'clock sound?"

"Sounds perfect." I replied, unable to wipe the smile from my face.

   After saying our goodbyes, I hung up and laid back on my bed. My mind immediately started racing again.

   'Love... Dammit.'

Eventually I fell asleep, only to be shaken awake early the next morning.

   I opened my eyes and saw Emma standing over me. "Emma? How'd you get in?" I asked groggily.

   She sat on the edge of my bed. "Your mom let me in."

   "Oh, ok. Well, uh, what's up?"

   She gave me a small smile. "I've been doing some thinking and I wanna talk."

   I nodded. "Alright, I'll get changed and meet you downstairs."

   She nodded before walking off.

   After getting ready for the day, I met Emma downstairs. "So, what'd you wanna talk about?"

   She opened the front door. "Let's get breakfast first."

   I just nodded and followed her out the door.

   After a silent car ride, we pulled into our favorite diners parking lot. We grabbed a table in the back and ordered.

   After the waitress left, I turned to Emma. "Now can we talk?"

   She took in a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I acted the other day."

   I shrugged. "Apology accepted."

   She gave me another small smile but didn't look at me.

   "What's wrong?" I asked.

   She sighed. "I feel like a jackass. I shouldn't have tried to control your life. If Jane makes you happy then I'm happy for you."

   "Thank you, but you shouldn't feel like a jackass. You were only looking out for me and I might not totally agree, but I appreciate it."

   She finally met my eyes and smiled. "What're best friends for?"

   I smiled back just as our food came, cutting our moment short.

   Halfway through our meal, I decided to tell her about our date.

   She stared at me. "You agreed to a date?"

   I nodded, a little worried about what she was going to say next.

   That worry immediately vanished though when a wide grin spread across her face. "The 'Blair Cohen' agreed to a date?"