Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I leaned over and grabbed it off of my night stand. A small smile formed on my face when I saw who's name flashed on the screen.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Morning, sorry to call so early." Jane replied.

I sat up on the edge of my bed. "You can call me anytime."

She giggled a little. "Well, I'd sure hope so. But, I wanted to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"What're you doing this weekend?"

I thought for a second. "Nothing as far as I know. Why?"

"Well, then, pack your bags because you're coming to stay with me for the weekend."

My smile grew a little wider. "Where at?"

"My place, Josh and Jessie are gone for the weekend."

   "Really? What for?"

   "They're out of town visiting Josh's mom."

   I nodded. "Alright, I'll pack some clothes then."

   "Great, I'll see you soon."

   "Bye."

   "Bye, bye."

   I hung up with a happy sigh. 'A whole weekend alone with Jane. What could be better?'

   After getting ready for the day and packing a few things I would need, I called Emma.

She showed up a few minutes later. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, where my moms stopped me.

"Where are you running off to?" Marry asked.

"Oh, uh... spending the weekend at Emma's."

My parents exchanged a quick glance and smile. "Well, tell her we said hi." Vanessa said.

I nodded before rushing out the door.

I knew I couldn't keep lying to them, but Jane was still married. I couldn't introduce them yet and I still wasn't sure how I felt about that in the first place.

I got in Emma's car. "Let's go."

"Aye, aye." She replied with a chuckle before driving off.

"So, have you told your parents about Jane yet?" She asked about halfway through the ride.

I sighed. "Kinda."

She gave me a quick side glance. "What's 'kinda'?"

"Well, they know I like a girl named Jane."

"Blair!"

"What?"

"They're your parents, you can't expect to hide Jane from them forever. You have to tell them."

I lowered my head. "I know, but she's still married. Plus, what if they reject her because of the age difference?"

"Blair, your parents are like the nicest people on planet earth. I doubt they'd care, besides you're an adult and Jane isn't that much older than you."

"She's married with a kid Emma."

Emma rolled her eyes. "It's not her kid."

I faced her. "That's not the point and since when are you on our side? I thought you disagreed with this."