Chapter 5

I rolled out of bed early the next morning. When I walked downstairs, my mom greeted me from the table.

"Good morning, sweetie." Marry said.

I gave her a small smile and nod.

"Still feeling down?"

I sighed. "Yeah."

She pulled the chair out next to her and patted it.

I slowly made my way over and took a seat.

"Alright, what's on your mind?"

'Lots of things.' I thought. But, I couldn't tell her everything, so I decided what I could tell her.

"Mom, have you ever had feelings for someone, even though you knew it was wrong?"

She looked at me. "Well, sure. I think everyone does at some point."

   I just nodded.

   "Why, do you have feelings for someone you shouldn't?"

   I sighed. "Maybe."

   "Well, Who is it?"

   "I-I can't tell you."

   She wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "Oh, sweetie, you know you can tell me anything. I won't be mad."

   I lowered my head. "I know, mom, but this is just something I have to keep to myself."

   She was silent for a second as she rubbed my back. "Do they feel the same way?"

   'I sure hope so after what happened.'

   I shrugged. "I think so."

   "Well, why don't you talk to them about it? Maybe it's not wrong to have feelings for them."

   'Oh trust me, it was. But, she was right, I couldn't fight these feelings anymore. I have to talk to Jane about it.'

   "Maybe you're right."

   She smiled. "I try."

   I let out a small laugh and she joined in.

   I gave her a quick hug. "Thanks, mom, you really are the best."

   She rubbed my back. "Anytime, sweetie."

   After the hug, I ran up to my room, new found determination fueling me.

   I called Emma as I was getting dressed.

   "Hello?" She answered.

   "Hey, it's me, I need to borrow your car."

   "What? Why?"

   I sat on the edge of my bed and picked up the phone. "Trust me, Emma, this is important."

   She sighed. "You're not going to see Jane are you?"

   I closed my eyes. "No."

   I felt bad for lying to her, but hopefully she would understand.

   She was silent for a minute, then sighed. "Fine, I'll be there in a few."

   "Thanks, you're a life savor."

   "Yeah, don't mention it."

   After saying our goodbyes, I finished getting ready and met Emma outside...

   After dropping her at her house, I headed for Janes.

   I parked the car in front of Janes house, only her car sat in the driveway.

   I rested my head on the steering wheel and let out a deep breath. 'You can do this, you have to.'

   I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded before exiting the car.

   I sucked in a tight breath before knocking on her door.

   'You can leave now, she hasn't seen you yet... No, it's time to grow up, you're doing this-'

   The door opening pulled me from my thoughts.

   "Blair..? Hey."

   Her beauty caught me off guard as usual. "Uh, can we talk?"

   She looked around before nodding and letting me in.

   We sat across from each other at the kitchen table. "So, what'd you wanna talk about?" She asked.

   'C'mon, Blair, you can do this.'

   "Jane..." I sighed. "I like you, a lot... but you're married a-and I don't know what to do... I can't keep fighting these feelings... but, I can't, in my right mind, be with you either-"

   Jane put her hand up, cutting me off. "I know... I like you to and as much as I might hate my husband... It just doesn't feel right."

   I felt my heart break a little from hearing her words. I felt the same way, but somewhere deep down, I didn't care. I wanted to be with her. Every second I spend with her brought that feeing closer to the light and I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold that in.

   "Jane..."

   'Oh no, here it comes.'

   I closed my eyes.

   "What is it?" She asked.

   'Shut up, Blair.'

   "I-I..."

   "Blair?"

   I sighed eternally. 'Fuck it.'

   I stood up and walked over to Jane. Before she could get a word out, I captured her lips with mine. She was hesitant at first, but finally gave in.

   My mind raced and my body heated up as Jane deepened the kiss.

   I knew it was wrong, but I didn't care. Her kiss was something I'd never get used to, it made me feel things I've never felt. She's all I wanted.

   She stood up and walked us back to the counter. I felt my thighs hit the edge of it before Jane lifted me up onto it.

   I wrapped my legs around her waist and pulled her closer to me, deepening our kiss.

   The kisses started growing more passionate, more hungry.

   She pulled away and quickly unbuttoned her shirt. I pulled mine over my head as she threw hers to the floor.

   She looked me over once before attacking my neck and chest with kisses. A moan escaped me as I ran my hands through her hair.

   She lifted me up and started walking me to the bedroom. I kicked the door closed before she set me on the bed.

   She looked at me with a smile as she started undoing her jeans, I followed suit.

   Without a word, she was on top of me again, leading a trail of kisses from my lips to my waistline.

   She gave me one last smile before kissing lower...

   Jane traced circles into my shoulder as I laid my head on her chest.

   I let out a happy sigh and smiled. "I've missed that."

   She giggled a little. "Me to."

   I glanced over at the clock on her nightstand before quickly sitting up.

   "What's wrong?" She asked.

   "I should get going, your husband could be back any minute."

   She chuckled. "He's on a business trip."

   I glanced at her. "Oh... Well, what about your stepdaughter?"

   "Friends house for the weekend."

   "So... It's just us?"

   She shot me a flirtatious smirk before nodding. "Just us... all alone in this big house..."

I smiled as I leaned into her for another kiss...

'Just us.'