Shut Up And Dance (Emerson)

This was inspired by the iconic dance scene in Dirty Dancing with Baby and Johnny dancing seductively and lip-syncing one of my favorite songs, "Love Is Strange". Don't worry, it'll still be family-friendly. 🤗

These dance lessons I've been taking with my teacher, Emerson, have been making me more nervous ever since my friend blurted out behind my back how I've been having a crush on my dance instructor.  Ever since he found out, he's been teasing me and flirting with me and that last thing I feel is happy. Instead, I feel offended believing he's just playing with my feelings just to make me feel better. I honestly don't believe he'd ever like me back despite how friendly we've been since I started. When I took the lessons, I didn't expect my dance instructor to be so gorgeous and kind at the same time. I only took them because my high-maintenance family said I needed to be more classy through my dance moves, which I believed was bullshit since they would probably pair me up with some snob at a formal event after I was trained enough. Whenever I practiced with Emerson though, he made me feel both comfortable and nervous, but I felt happy to be close to him and he never complained about how bad I was when I was starting.

We were practicing in the dance space in the arts building where he gave lessons, and one of my favorite songs was playing, "Heaven's Gate" by Fall Out Boy.  We practiced simple steps and slow dancing, and time to time, Emerson would try to hold me close but I pushed him away trying to be serious. Whenever he spun me around though, he pulled me closer to him, and I had to wrangle myself out to keep myself from blushing. And then whenever he dipped me, he started leaning into my face and I had to stand back up before something happened. I was starting to become annoyed and he had this smirk on his face that made me nervous he would actually succeed in whatever it was he was trying to attempt with me. I decided enough was enough and started playing his little game.

The song was at the bridge and we just starting circling each other like vultures, and I started lip-synching the lyrics:

You're the one habit I just can't kick

Then Emerson followed suit, and we just kinda lip-syncing to each other as we looked deeper into each other's eyes and walked closer to each other. Then we just kinda stopped and I could feel my heart beating faster and yearning as I gazed further in his sea-green eyes, and his smile never vanished.

You're the one, you're the one
You're the one habit I just can't kick

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and I pulled him close to me and kissed his lips. He kissed back immediately and we just stood there, my hands around his neck pulling him closer, and his arms around my back, holding me close and secure. The kiss got deeper as the song finished out and I felt my knees getting weak and I ended up falling to the ground, breaking the kiss as I pulled him with me. My face burned with desire and I just stayed there kneeling on the wood floor, he never let me go but I couldn't look at him. Emerson lifted my chin gently, and I looked to see him smiling and staring into me like I was a masterpiece. "(Y/N)?", he finally said. "Yes, Emerson?", I responded back rather quietly, still shaken by what just happened. "How long have you been waiting to do that?", he asked with one eyebrow arched. My eyes widened and I felt myself blush more. "Since I first danced with you the first day", I answered honestly.

He smirked and bit his lip, making me smile at how adorable he was. "You know, I've loved you since I met you before we started dancing together." My smile dropped as the words spoken out of his mouth echoed in my head. "You...love me?", I asked hesitantly. "Yes, of course I have", he said like it wasn't a big deal, "you're beautiful and kind and I could tell you have potential to be a better dancer than me. Though the first few times when you stepped on my toes made me think twice", he teased. I giggled and he did too, making my heart flutter. "Can I kiss you again?", he asked nervously. He was close to my face already when he finished that sentence, but I put a hand to my chest to stop him, and whispered with a wink, "After we finish my lesson."

When we finished, we had coffee after and we talked about how my friend was a bitch for telling my secret, but now I was grateful because I would never be able to tell him myself. He mentioned how he loved how determined I was to get better with my dancing skills and he found it attractive whenever I practiced alone. I turned red when he said that, and he kissed my cheek. When he pulled away, I pulled him back and kissed his lips again. He kissed me back passionately, and then I whispered softly, "I love you." He froze for a second, and I looked to see him wide-eyed then all lit up and speechless. He kissed me again and whispered back,

"I love you too."

HIII!!! Sorry it's been forever since I updated in this book. I've been writing in my new story, "When Mrs. Infamous Met The Masochist", which is a Remington fanfic that I hope will be better than Die For Ma Chérie, honestly. Currently, it's been really busy for me because of school so I probably won't be able to update for a while but I try my best to find some time this month to update at least once a week or something. Thank you for being here and supporting me! I love you all!!! 😘😘😘