Hate That I Love You (Remington)

If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world, it's Remington Leith. I hate everything about him: his clothes, his tattoos, his attitude, his giant ego, and the fact that he hides his self-centered personality in his charm. Every time a girl flaunts herself in front of him, he wins them over with his smile or eyes, and they can't see past the cold, dead heart he possesses. How do I know he's selfish? Well, the first time I met him, I naturally thought he was gorgeous, but when no one was looking, he made fun of how I was participative in school and that I had goals after high school. Who the hell was he to say my plans for the future are stupid? Not like he was Ivy-League material. With his stupid garage band with his brothers, who aren't as bad as him, but he shouldn't make me feel inferior just because he's got good pipes.

Every day, he'd make fun of me for having the best grades she he'd miss school most days, and I'm not so sure he'll graduate with so many missing days. He'd steal my backpack sometimes, and take my homework then turn it in as his own. 3 out of 5 times I reported him, and when I didn't, the teachers tested him to see if he actually knew the shit on my assignments to prove it wasn't his. It was good to have most of these teachers trust me since I was well-behaved and attentive, but the asshole Remington would call me a teacher's pet, I'm like, "oh, that's so original, at least I'm not the Edward Cullen wannabe of the century!" His brother, Emerson, laughed at my comeback, and then Remington gave me an amused grin, then walked up to me and whispered, "you only say that because you can't resist me, ma chérie." My jaw dropped as he tried to imply I had a crush on him. I chuckled and responded before walking away, "maybe in your wildest fantasies, Leith. You couldn't handle me." Before I turned the corner, I heard him remark, "we'll see."

Then, one day, I lost the bandana that I usually wrap around my ponytail, and so I had to use my favorite scarf that I used to wear when I was still obsessed with Disney Princesses. I was hoping to God no one would notice, and I could just spend the rest of the day after school to find my bandana. It was safe for half of the day, until lunchtime when I felt something in my hair untie and get tugged away. I turned to see Remington holding my scarf and teasing me. "Well, well, well, (Y/N), I never knew you were such a big supporter of Cinderella. You hoping Prince Charming will find this and take you away from here?", he mocked while waving my scarf around. I felt myself flush from embarrassment and humiliation. "Shut the fuck up, Remington! That's just a temporary replacement! Now give it back!", I shouted with fury and rage. "You want it? Come and get it, princess..." Then, the motherfucker ran away with my scarf and I ended up chasing him around the school like a dog chasing a chicken.

I chased him up and down the halls while he waved my scarf and flashed his teeth while winking. We passed his older brother, Sebastian, somewhere along the way and seemed annoyed when he shouted behind us, "REALLY, REMINGTON!?! STOP TORTURING THAT GIRL AND KISS HER ALREADY!!!" Remington turned slightly behind me to shout back to his brother, "GO FUCK YOURSELF, SEB!!!" My heart stopped for a split second as I thought about what Seb had said. "Stop torturing that girl and kiss her already"? Why would he say that? Has Remington been talking about me with his brothers? I was probably imagining things, and the fucker still had my scarf. I chased him all the way until I managed to tackle him inside a locker room and somehow locked the door when we got inside.

I had him pinned down, and had one hand holding down his free arm while the other was reaching for his other hand that held my scarf. "Give it, Remington! Stop acting like such a child!", I demanded. "Nothing in this world comes easy, (Y/N)", he sneered while keeping it out of my reach, "you have to earn it." No matter how hard I tried, I didn't have a chance and he didn't make it easy. So, I decided to use distraction. I looked into his eyes, which made him confused, and kissed him right on the lips. His eyes were full of shock, but then they closed as he kissed me back. I used the opportunity to finally get back my scarf, and then I broke away from the kiss and sat up from pinning him down. "Hah! You moron! One way or another, I was going to get back my-". I paused when I noticed how intently he looked into my eyes and then my lips. He placed his hand on my cheek, and pulled me in for another kiss.

When our lips met again this time, I felt myself melt in his close embrace, and I kissed him back with the passionate hunger I didn't realize I was holding in for him. Why did it feel so good though? I hated him more than anything, but the way he held me securely and knew how to kiss ignited this spark in my heart that made me yearn for him to be closer and to never leave his side. I laid a hand on his chest and ran my hand through his hair, him deepening the kiss and holding me close by my waist. My hand ran down to his neck, and I felt something weird that didn't feel like one of his necklaces. I pulled away for a second to see what it was and I was shocked to find my real bandana worn on his neck. He looked at me, and I arched my eyebrows, asking for an explanation.

He sighed, and then looked at me while giving me back my bandana. "If I'm being honest, (Y/N), I thought you were gorgeous the first time I met you. But, you seemed so focused on your studies and classes I didn't think you'd be interested in me. So, I acted mean to you to hide my feelings, but I guess I went a little too far to cause you to hate me. You're just so adorable when you're mad." He smirked when he said that, and I turned red as a rose. "I found your bandana yesterday when it fell out of your hair, and I was going to give it back, but I was a coward for wanting to hide my feelings for you, and also, I wanted something to remind me of you." I was speechless after that. My hatred for him caused me to be blind to how much he liked me, and I guess I was too deep in my own resentment for him to not realize I liked him a lot too.

He looked sad, and it make my heart break a little. So, I placed my hand on his cheek which made him look in my eyes again, and whispered to him before leaning in, "I hate everything that you do, but I can't stop loving how you make me feel when I'm around you, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Don't hide your feelings anymore, if I stop hiding mine. Deal?" He smiled, and said brushing his lips against mine, "Deal."