Blood, Sweat, and Tears

Link

After sitting for a while and talking a little, Zelda got up and left the room. Finally. Link had to do something, and Zelda couldn't know. He waited for the footsteps to fade away before opening the door slightly to look out and see if there was anyone there.

He was doing this because he was restless, even though he'd only been in here for a day or two.
The doctor had also given him a fairy, so he was already pretty much healed.

Link carefully stepped out of the room, making sure the door didn't creak. He quickly walked outside, making sure nobody saw him. He didn't want to be sent back to his room. Once he got outside, he noticed that it was dark. He hadn't realized how late it was.

Something seemed... off. He stood for a moment, looking around. Then, he saw what was wrong. The water. It wasn't water. It was red and thick. Blood. He was standing in it, too. It was warm and sticky. He stepped back in suprise, but everything turned back to normal when he blinked. He must have been imagining it.

He walked out along a pathway. Nature calmed him. The sounds, sights, smells. It was nice. He walked for a while before coming across a bokoblin. He hadn't brought his sword, since he had figured that he wouldn't need it. Poor planning on his part. He had to find something to defend himself before the bokoblin noticed him. He spotted a tree branch lying on the ground and snatched it up. It reminded him of the beginning of his journey. He didn't think he'd ever have to use a stick as a weapon again.

He tried to avoid the monster, but it noticed him anyways. It swung its club at Link, missing him completely. He, in turn, stabbed at the bokoblin with his stick. It hit its target, but it broke a bit. Sticks didn't last very long at all. The bokoblin swung its club again, this time hitting Link's arm. Luckily, it didn't hit him very hard, but it still hurt. He stabbed again. He hit the bokoblin again, but the stick snapped in half. He looked around for another stick, but he didn't see any. While he was looking, the monster hit him again. He had to get away before he got hurt. He didn't want to run away, but he had to. He had no weapons or anything.

He bolted. The bokoblin tried to chase him, but it quickly fell behind and gave up. Link didn't stop running, though. He ran until he reached the Domain. When he did, though, he was going so fast that he slipped on the water and tumbled over, hitting his head in the process, and ending up with his legs on the base of the statue of Mipha with his head and back on the ground and his arms spread out. By now it was early morning, and several Zora were out, and those who saw him immediately ran over. Those who didn't see him saw others crowding around something, so they went to check it out too. Soon, there was a large crowd, causing Sidon to see what was happening. The last thing Link saw before passing out was  a bunch of blurry Zora looking down at him.

《~》
Zelda

Zelda didn't see, since she was in her room. She had been thinking about what she and Link would do after they left. At least, that's what she wanted to think about. Her thoughts kept drifting to what had happened before. Link had said that it happened twice before. What if it happened while they were traveling? It was just luck that that particular stable had someone with a knowledge of medicine, and that it wasn't that serious anyways. What if something like this happened again?

Her thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on the door. She walked over to open it and the Zora that was standing there said, "You may want to go to Mipha's statue."
Zelda was confused. "Why?"
"Just come."
The Zora walked away, motioning for Zelda to follow him. She did, wondering what was going on. She was even more curious when she saw that there was a crowd around the statue.

She was not prepared for what she saw. Link was lying there, unconscious. She almost screamed when she saw it. Some doctors were already rushing over. They squeezed through the crowd and took Link into the hospital.

For some reason, Zelda felt that this was her fault. She didn't even know how it happened, and she was already blaming herself. What was wrong with her? All she seemed to do now was worry, worry, worry. That's it. She couldn't make plans without worrying. She couldn't think without worrying. She couldn't do anything without worrying.

Zelda nervously followed the doctors, but she was stopped at the door to Link's room. She couldn't go in. Seriously? She had to know if he was alright. She needed to. She didn't bother trying to convince them to let her in, and instead went back to her own room. As soon as she got in, she let it out. She cried and cried until she couldn't. Then, she kept crying, just without the tears. She couldn't stop. It wasn't calming like it was supposed to be. Crying was supposed to help. It wasn't working. She climbed onto the bed from where she was sitting on the floor and lay face-down on the pillow. After what felt like ages but was really just a few minutes, she turned her head to the side. She saw the hair thing Link had gotten her laying on the desk.

She got up and walked over to it. She picked it up and looked at it. She didn't put it in her hair, and instead played with it. She didn't deserve a gift like this. It was beautiful, too pretty for such a wretched person. She was angry at herself. She threw it down in frustration and immediately regretted it. She squatted down and picked it up, upset with herself and worried about the accessory. It wasn't the object itself that she cared about, it was the significance. She couldn't break it. That would mean things that weren't true.

Zelda put the hair piece back on the desk and walked back to the bed. She looked outside. It looked like it was still morning. Rats. She probably couldn't see Link yet. That was disappointing. She'd have to wait a bit longer.

《~》
1102 words.
I really should make these chapters longer. I'll probably fix that when I edit it.