Falling

Link

Finally. Dinner's over. Not that I didn't like it- it was great. I'm just excited about the waterfall thing.

As soon as Link and Zelda left the table, Link excitedly told Zelda, "I want to show you something. C'mon!"
Practically dragging, her, Link brought her up to one of the waterfalls.
"Why are we up here?"
"To watch the sunset. It's beautiful."
He sat down on the edge of the platform and patted the ground to his left for Zelda to sit there.

They sat there for a while in silence. When the sun started going down, Zelda moved a little closer to Link and leaned into him. In response, Link put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. She put her head on his shoulder, sighing in contentment.

They watched the sun slowly disappear behind the mountains. The sky changed colors, along with the clouds. The sky closest to the sun was red, and the part that was further was a light blue. The clouds in the blue part were pink, like cotton candy.
What a beautiful sight.

Link looked at Zelda, who was smiling happily, watching the sun. Also a beautiful sight.

Zora's Domain was beautiful as well. The pinkish-orangish light reflecting off the blue stone was picturesque.

Zelda turned her head towards Link, smiling. Link smiled back at her, but his smile faded when he saw that too-familiar red tint. Zelda's smile began to look unnatural, and she put her hand on Link's back, tensing a bit.

And suddenly, Link was falling. The wind on his face made him shut his eyes immediately, but he turned his head back to look at Zelda. She was staring down, but Link couldn't see her expression. Zelda stepped back, and he could no longer see her. Link looked down again, squinting. He had to figure out what to do. That's hard when you're panicking. It seemed like he was falling forever, unable to think about anything that would help. A million thoughts raced through his head, going too fast for him to focus on any one thing. At the last second, he moved so that he fell into the water vertically, his legs together and pointed down so that they would hit the water first, preventing any serious injuries.

That last second felt stretched out for hours. Once he hit the water however, his legs felt like they had shattered, and he blacked out.

《~》
Zelda

Push him. That's a good idea.

Zelda pushed him. Why? She didn't question it. Why should she?

She looked down at his terrified face, growing smaller as he fell. Success. That wouldn't kill him, but that's not what she wanted. Maybe just... torture him. Make him hate her. Male him afraid of her. Maybe then he'd be as quiet as he was before.

Zelda's head cleared. The dark red that tinted her vision was gone. She was standing now. Wasn't she just sitting with Link?
Wait, why was he falling? Did she do that? He looked terrified.
Zelda stepped back in shock, mortified at what she had done. She didn't even realize what she was doing!

She stood for a moment, then began to feel extremely tired. She fell to the side, momentarily forgetting about what had just happened.

《~》
Sidon

Sidon walked along the river, like he did every night. Link had told him his plan to bring Zelda up to watch the sunset earlier, so he knew where they were.

As he walked through the water, his foot bumped something. It felt... soft? He looked down at the object, and jumped back in surprise. It was Link! How did he get here? Why was he in the water? Did Zelda know he was here? Sidon looked up at the waterfall the two had been on, the down the path leading to it. Zelda was nowhere in sight.

He decided that he'd bring Link back, then he'd look for Zelda. He carefully picked Link up and quickly brought him to the Domain. He asked a guard to take him to the hospital, then rushed off to find Zelda.

Sidon walked up the path to the top of the waterfall. He usually went up the waterfall itself, but that wouldn't help him find someone who might be on the path. He saw nobody until he reached the top of the waterfall. He was beginning to get even more worried than he already was. When he got to the top, it took a moment before he realized that someone was lying on the ground near the edge. Upon closer inspection, he saw that it was Zelda. What happened? Why was Link in the water and Zelda up here, passed out?

Sidon picked her up and walked back down the path. His feet hurt. He wasn't used to walking on bare ground this much. About halfway down, he felt Zelda move. He looked down as she opened her eyes, rubbing them. "What happened?" She asked. Sidon replied, "I have no idea." Suddenly, Zelda sat up, or tried to. It's hard to sit up when someone is holding you. "Oh! Oh. Oh... Oh no... Where's Link?" She asked frantically, eyes wide. "He's in the hospital. I found him on the riverbank, unconscious." Zelda looked extremely worried when she heard this. "Oh no... What did I do?" She put her hands on her face, groaning.

Sidon had no idea what she was talking about, so he just kept walking. After a few minutes, he noticed that Zelda had spread out as much as she could, her arms dangling from his arms, and her head upside down. Basically, she looked like a starfish. A very upset starfish. At any other time, she would have insisted on walking on her own, but she didn't seem to care about that right then.

Once they got back, Sidon brought Zelda to the hospital, insisting that she  be looked over, just in case. She begrudgingly agreed, somehow falling asleep as soon as she got into a bed, even though she seemed very stressed.

Sidon went to his own room and tried to sleep. It took quite awhile, however, because all he could think about was what might have happened up there on the waterfall.

《~》

1043 words
This one is kinda short, but I felt like that was a good place to end it, and I haven't updated in a while(not that anyone is really reading this anymore lol). Also, I listened to Ride by twenty one pilots while writing this, and you should listen to it while reading this. There are small references throughout the chapter. Air Catcher(also by twenty one pilots) is good to listen to as well. Btw, Link doesn't have his paraglider/completely forgot that it existed. I'm gonna say that he didn't have it.