Ouch

Link

Link woke up to a warm thing against his right side, and pain in his left. The warm thing was Zelda, who had lied down next to him at some point, her head on his shoulder. The pain was from a wound, which was covered by a bandage.

He didn't quite remember how he got here, but he did faintly remember killing a moblin, but not before getting hit by it. He then remembered being helped up onto a horse with someone- Zelda- right in front of him. Zelda got off the horse, and then he went unconscious.

Now, Link looked down at Zelda who had moved slightly. She threw her arm over his torso, accidentally hitting his injury. He flinched and gently moved her arm a bit, so it would be in a better, more comfortable spot.

In response, Zelda's head moved slightly so that she was looking at him, or, she would be, if she was awake. Her arm tensed, and her eyes opened, revealing...
Reddish eyes?
Her eyes were blue, not red!

Before Link could react to that, he felt an intense pain in the side. He looked down to see why, and he saw Zelda's hand, gripping his wound as tightly as she could. He clenched his teeth, trying not to make any noise, and ripped the hand off his side.
Once he did that, Zelda's hand went limp, and he saw that she was asleep again.

Breathing heavily, he tried to calm down, now taking slow, deep breaths, but that only made his side hurt more, so instead he thought about where they might be going to next. Sleep eventually came, and he welcomed it with open arms.

《~》

Zelda

Zelda woke up and stretched, accidentally hitting something with her arm. The thing moved and made a noise that sounded like 'oof', which suprised her. She looked at the "thing," and saw that it was Link. She had forgotten that she came in here.

"Sorry Link, are you okay?" Zelda asked, worried.
"Yeah, I'm fine." Link replied, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Although..."
"What?"
"Nothing." Link realized that Zelda didn't seem to remember what had happened earlier. Instead, he asked her a question.
"Where are we going next?"
"Kakariko Villiage. After we see Impa, we'll go to Zora's Domain. I figured it would be easiest to get to, seeing as how only women are allowed in Gerudo Town, Death Mountain is hot, and Rito Villiage is cold."

Link nodded his head in agreement, sitting up and throwing his legs over the bed. He stood up, but immediately fell back onto the bed, unable to stand. He cursed under his breath and tried again. He still fell back. "Curse that darn moblin!"

Link tried a third time, but before he could stand up again, Zelda stopped him. "Link, stop. Trying to stand isn't going to help you heal."
"Yes, but something in my bag would help!"
"Okay, I'll get your bag for you, just don't try to stand anymore."
Link reluctantly agreed, nodding his head. "Okay..."

Zelda left the room and went to get the bag, wondering what it was that Link wanted. When she came back, she gave him the bag and he began searching through it. After a few minutes, he pulled out a bottle that was glowing pink. "I was going to save this, but we should get going. Anyways, I have more." He unscrewed the lid, and something flew out and around him. "Is... is that a fairy?" Zelda asked, staring at it in awe.
"Yes. I got it from a great fairy fountain." Link answered.

Link stood again, and this time he was successful. He stumbled a bot as he walked to the door, but he quickly regained his balance. He held the door open for Zelda, and she passed through, Link following her.

They walked to Zelda's room, and Zelda put Link's bag on the bed. It was a double bed, so Link could sleep in that room if he desired.

Link walked over to the bed and sat down. He began searching through the bag, and Zelda walked over to the mirror to try brushing her hair with her fingers. Link pulled something out of his bag and handed it to Zelda, who looked at it, realizing it was a book. She took it, confused, opening the cover. The very first page said, in neat cursive, Zelda's Diary. Looking back up at Link, she smiled. "Thank you, Link." He nodded a 'you're welcome,' looking down and hiding his face from view.

He resumed sifting through his things as Zelda flipped through the diary, smiling. After a few minutes, she set the book down and looked over at Link, who was pulling out armor. He took some armor out, went to the bathroom, and came out wearing the armor and holding his tunic. He threw the tunic and pants over to Zelda, saying, "If you want, you can wear this." She thanked him and went  into the bathroom. She decided not to wear the tunic itself, only the shirt that went under it. Upon closer inspection, she saw lots of grass stains on the tunic, so many, in fact, that the tunic had a slight greenish tint. Link probably wears this a lot.

She left the bathroom and handed Link the tunic and decided to take her dress outside to try and wash it. Link followed her, bringing the food bag with him, presumably to make something to eat.

When they got outside, Link walked over to the cooking pot, and Zelda to the nearby stream. Once she finished getting as much mud off her dress as she could, she walked over to where Link was. She sat down next to him to see what he was doing better. Link was looking at a notebook, and when she got closer, she saw that it had recipes in it, and they were handwritten.

Link put the book down next to him and got some ingredients out of the bag. He put them in the pot and watched them bounce around, humming happily.

When they noticed that it was getting late, they went inside to get some rest before they left for Kakariko. Zelda informed Nia that Link would be in her room for the night, since he was doing much better. They went to the room and gathered their things together, then went to bed.

~~~~~~

1073 words. Not as many as the first chapter, but still a pretty good amount. I reread that chapter and noticed that the writing at the beginning was kind of bland. I hope that doesn't drive off too many readers. 😁
Anyways, I've had the idea for this in my head for awhile, so I'm writing quite a bit of this all at once, meaning the chapters are coming out fast. I don't really have a specific writing schedule since I pretty much just write whenever I have time and I feel like it.