Chapter 23: Gourmet National Treasure, Setsuno

Start from the beginning

"Huh? We do?" Sarafina asked in slight confusion. She wondered what kind of person they were going to meet if he thinks they change into more formal wear. They must be people from the big top from what she's been hearing. Speaking of formal clothing, for Komatsu, it was weird. He was used to see Toriko who wear rougher clothes, so it was quite rare sight to see him wearing a suit. "There's a little more time." said Toriko as he checked the time on his watch. That seemed to have brighten Komatsu's face. "Um... Then, Toriko-San. Could we go to the gourmet department store? Until...that meeting time.." Taking one last puff Toriko said, slight smile on his face, "Sure.. It won't be exciting to go to a place that has no food, but... Well, it'll kill some time. Let's go!" "All right!" The chef cheered.

-at the department store-

'And I thought it was crowed from the outside.' Sarafina thought warily looking around at the many people inside the store. Too many. Just too many people. Ugh, and it was hot in here too. How do people in the city life deal with this so easily? "Waaaa amazing! Pots like this~~ It's like a dream!" Komatsu shouted in excitement as he went gaga over a particular pot in a display. Well, at least he's having fun. "It's the Kuriboh pot...! It's said that it can keep a stew at thousands of degrees continuously for half a year and it won't warp at all..."

"My, someone's having fun." She said with a kind smile as she watched him shining brightly at the pot. "Ho.. A pot made by the ultimate pot artisan, Kuriboh ...?" Toriko asked, hands in his pocket. She sensed that he was also smiling at the chef. "For us chefs, he's a charismatic presence. Since Kuriboh's brand can't be broken by cooking those high-class ingredients we've seen. It's eye-poppingly expensive though.." The chef said as he stood up and practically ran like a little kid to the next item. "I'm dangerously excited... The tension's already giga-giga." "Giga-giga?" The two hunters asked in confusion.

"Huh? You're not buying it?" The hunter asked, the two following close behind. Sarafina giggled a bit as Komatsu, stopped in front of a case that held some pretty strange  knives. "Waaa... Melk carving knifes!" Komatsu shouted once again. "Original knives from sharpener Melk?" Toriko asked. "I've heard a few stories about him. They say he's the best bladesmith in the world and that he's more than capable of surviving the Gourmet World and the beasts living there." Sarafina said.

"I'll stay here forever!" The chef explained, his eyes sparkling. The giant hunter put a hand on his hip, with an annoyed look on his face as he said, "You look like a boy gazing at a trumpet. You can just buy it, right? Komatsu, you drew some money, right?" Toriko asked. "I did, 200,000 yen!" The chef replied excitedly. "Well, you can't buy it with 200,000." "Toriko! Don't tell him that." Sarafina scolded at him. "Please don't put me together with you, Toriko-san! In money sense.." Komatsu yelled a bit, sounding slightly offended. Can't blame him there. "200,000 is a lot of money, a lot!"

"Don't think he heard you Komatsu." Sarafina said, watching the hunter pick up a knife and looked at it before he said he was going to buy it. "Don't feel too bad. I can somewhat understand." She said to him. Komatsu sighed a bit. "I know. At least you, despite being a recluse Gourmet Hunter, know the feelings of the regular folk." Arching an eyebrow at Komatsu, she asked, slightly amused. "Of course I would. I may not know much about city life and how things work around here but it doesn't take a genius to figure out a certain man (she said this part slightly loud enough for Toriko to hear) has high expensive tastes."

A noise caught their attention and they turned to see an ugly old guy with some expensive (ugly) coat on with a poor guy behind him pulling one of the most loaded carts that anyone could lay their eyes on. She narrowed her eye on the old rich man continued to point out stuff to get. 'There's something about that man's soul I don't like.' Sarafina thought. "A...amazing. He sure is doing some hearty spending, that person... And that cart is huge.." Komatsu nervously said as they watched the person walk on by.