|| 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥 || 𝔗𝔶𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔩!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 ||

𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊: It's an AU in which Robert's Rebellion had never happened and he married Lyanna Stark. The Mad King is dead but he was not killed by Jaime Lannister.

___________________________________________________________

King Rhaegar was sick of his younger brother's recklessness. Viserys was known in all of Westeros for his strange behaviour and short temper.
"There's only one way to make it better", he told his wife, Queen Elia, "He has to get married"
"But, Rhaegar", she snorted, "No noble lady would want to marry Viserys. You know what they call him... The Mad Prince"
Rhaegar sighed.
"I know, Elia. But... Maybe we should make a contest..."
"A contest?", she made wide eyes.
"Yes. For a wife. Few ladies of the greatest houses... I'll send the ravens tomorrow"
"Poor men will have to send their daughters to King's Landing knowing that they may marry the mad man one day"
"Elia, he's my brother", King Rhaegar looked at her irritated, "I love him despite everything"
"You wanted to see me?", Viserys' voice interrupted them.
"Yes", Rhaegar smiled as Elia left the room, "Sit down"
"What's the matter?", Viserys asked.
"You should get married. I will make a contest"
"A contest?", Viserys smirked, "I thought I would marry Daenerys to keep our bloodline pure"
"No, Viserys. She's promised to another already and you know that"
"That's a mistake, my dear brother. Our family could never be so pure..."
"Enough. I'm sending the ravens tomorrow. And you will marry, alright?"
"Alright", Viserys shrugged his arms, "It can be fun, you know. Marriage"
"Good", Rhaegar smiled, "I'll make sure they will be the most noble ladies"
"I hope they're pretty, too", Viserys snorted.

___________________________𝕩𝕩𝕩_____________________________

"Dear Lord Mace of House Tyrell;
Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach and Warden of the South,

I am pleased to announce that my brother, Prince Viserys III, is looking for a wife. I have decided to arrange the contest and invite the most noble women of Westeros to King's Landing. I request you to send one of your daughters to attend.
Sincerely,
King Rhaegar Targaryen;
King of the Andals and the First Men
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
Protector of the Realm"

You and Margaery were both standing in front of your parents and grandmother as your father was reading the letter from the King out loud.
"I guess one of you has to go", your mother, Alerie, said.
"(y/n) should go. She's older", Margaery pointed at you.
"Why me? Margaery is prettier. She's got a bigger chance", you murmured.
"Nonsense! Both of you are pretty", your mother reminded.
"And it's not about winning. Actually I wouldn't want any of you to marry The Mad Prince", your father sighed.
"Renly Baratheon was asking for my hand", Margaery said suddenly.
You rolled your eyes. Everyone knew that Renly wanted to be closer to your brother Loras. He was asking you to marry him as well.
"Oh... I had no idea", your father started. He had no idea about Loras liking men more than women.
"He asked me to marry him as well!", you were angry at your sister because she wasn't playing fair.
You and Margaery loved each other very much but were also fighting a lot. You'd still die for each other and that was the best part.
"Do we have to send them one of our daughters?", your mother asked, "That's terrible! We can tell The King that both of them are promised to other men already. Maybe we can send some lady from one of our vassal houses instead..."
"I don't want to provoke King Rhaegar", your father couldn't be assertive as always.
"Grandma, please", you pleaded looking at lady Olenna.
She sighed.
"Well, dear (y/n). You're the eldest one. You should go"
"Fine", you whispered as tears filled your eyes.
"Let me stay with her for a moment", your grandmother said and your parents left the room.
Margaery hugged you first and then she left as well.
"My child...", your grandmother started.
"Why aren't you on my side?", you sniffed.
"There's no point of fighting. King Rhaegar expects that and...", she started caressing your arm, "Listen, you probably won't win anyway. You're not the conqueror type. But... I've heard he's handsome"
"So what? He's mad"
"That's his weakness you can use for your own profit. If you're going to charm him, he may do anything you ask him to do. And he's the Prince, after all. You can live the best life, child"
"Yeah, but I can't charm anyone"
"Of course you can, you're my granddaughter", she smiled.