|| 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 || 𝔐𝔬𝔭𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔰!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 ||

Illyrio Mopatis was nothing but glad to have young Targaryens around. He didn't mind helping them and sharing his home with the rightful royal family of Westeros. All he wanted in return was his daughter to become the Queen.

You were (y/n) Mopatis and your father always wanted the best for you. You were a spoiled lady, your gowns were the most beautiful and your (e/c) eyes were usually showing everyone around that you were bored. When your father informed you that you're going to marry slightly older Viserys Targaryen, the rightful King, you shrugged your arms. He was good looking and he was from the very noble family - nothing to complain about. He was also a banished King with no crown - nothing to be excited about as well.

___________________________𝕩𝕩𝕩_____________________________

You were married for few months already when Illyrio came up with the idea of selling Daenerys, Viserys' younger sister, away to The Dothraki. You were sort of uncomfortable with that decision but you knew it was probably the only way for your husband to get the Iron Throne back. You never tried to be like a sister to Daenerys anyway. If being the Queen took selling her to the savages - you were okay with that.
"You are so selfish, Daenerys", you looked at your sister-in-law when you were eating your supper together.
"I just don't want to...", silver-haired girl looked down shyly.
"Exactly. YOU don't want to and it is not about what you want or not. It is about something much bigger than you, me, anyone", you tried to explain.
"No. This is exactly about Viserys", Daenerys whispered.
"Oh, you're jealous of your brother becoming the King? You're going to be the queen as well. The queen of those savages"
"Khal is no king", Viserys interrupted them as he walked in, "I am the King", he sat at the table next to his wife.
"Of course, my dear", you rolled your eyes, "Where is my father?"
"With his wife", Viserys informed you and you made a disgusted face.
You were the daughter of Illyrio and his first wife, a cousin of the Prince of Pentos. After your mother had died, your father married Serra, a former bedslave. You thought it was humiliating.
"Anyway", you looked at Daenerys again, "You're going to marry Khal Drogo. That's your destiny"
"Destiny is in the stars. No man can change it. You cannot be responsible for my destiny", Daenerys lost her temper a little. She was afraid of her brother but she decided to risk everything if that meant avoiding marrying into the Dothraki.
"If you find me an army in a week then you don't need to marry him", Viserys smirked, "Eat, my beautiful sister. Those savages don't like girls who look like they're starving"
You finished your meal and started to stare at your husband. You thought that he'd be the perfect King. Like he was made to be one. His silver hair, lilac eyes, handsome face, a little hint of madness that made people afraid of his temper. While thinking of Daenerys' future husband, you realised how lucky you were yourself.
"What are you looking at?", Viserys asked you.
"You"
"Yeah, that I can see. Why, though?"
"I'm thinking how lucky Westeros is to have such a man its rightful king", you answered. Your voice was as bored as always which made the compliment sound fake. Viserys got used to his wife's weirdness and lack of excitement so he didn't find it rude towards him.
"I'm glad you are not blind like my sister, dear wife", silver-haired man squinted his eyes at you. At first he was not pleased with Illyrio's request to marry you. He wanted to have someone more worthy of the Throne to become his future Queen. At that moment, though, he thought that maybe you were not the worst option indeed. You were beautiful, loyal, and all you were interested in were gowns, parties and dancing - a perfect queen for the King like him. Not the Beggar King, of course, but the King he wanted to be in Westeros. He needed a wife who wouldn't be interested much in politics and would never disobey him.
"I can't eat it anymore", Daenerys whined.
"Then leave", Viserys snorted but he was still looking at you.
Daenerys left the room quietly.
"Do you really think this is a good idea to sell my sister to Khal Drogo?", he decided to put you to the test.
"Whatever you decide", you shrugged your arms.
"I want to know your honest opinion"
"I don't have one", you looked him in the eye.
"On anything?", he asked trying to hide that he was surprised.
"I have a headache, do we have to talk about it now?", you pretended to sound tired.
"Of course we don't"
Viserys had to admit that you could really annoy him. But he was your father's guest and he owed Illyrio a lot. He tried to treat you with all the respect but sometimes it was hard for him. He never knew what was on your mind.

___________________________𝕩𝕩𝕩_____________________________

One week later you all were standing in front of Khal Drogo, showing Daenerys off to him. You couldn't speak the Dothraki language but you could understand few words in the conversation between Khal's people and you father.
"Who's the other girl?", asked one of the savages looking at you like you were a piece of meat.
"She's the King's wife. She's not going with you", Illyrio explained.
You moved uncomfortably. You had no idea you were supposed to stay at your father's place. You didn't want to leave with the Dothraki but you didn't like the idea of leaving your husband's side either. You felt like the wife should always be with her husband.
"What are they saying?", Viserys asked you, slightly leaning in.
"They're talking about me"
"You? Why?"
Khal and his people left before you could answer.
"Did they like her?", Viserys asked your father about his sister.
"I think so"
"Why were you talking about (y/n)? She's not a part of the deal, is she?", Viserys asked in a worried voice.
You got surprised by his sudden protectiveness.
"She is not, indeed. That's what I told him"
"You told him I am staying here!", you exclaimed.
"Yes. What is wrong with that?", your father asked you.
"Viserys, say something", you pulled his arm.
"It was our decision. Your father's and mine", your husband answered.
"W-what?", you couldn't believe that and took a step back.
"That's for your safety", your father tried to explain, "He's going to come back for you after he gets the Throne back"
"You really believe in that?", you asked your father with tears in your eyes. You suddenly realised what it was all about, "He's going to find himself a better queen out there and he's never going to come back!"
You started crying. You didn't know why. You were the one to never show emotions. But now you felt helpless and fooled. You seemed to be cold and distant but you liked married life actually. It was hurtful to find out that your husband might have only been using you to get what he wanted from your father. It was the first time you cried since your mother had died.
"(y/n), what are you talking about?", Viserys asked soflty and got closer to you but you moved away, "That's nonsense. You're going to be the Queen, my Queen"
"Then why don't you want me around while conquering the Seven Kingdoms? Why?"
"For your safety", he reached out his hands to wipe your tears.
Viserys and your father were both shocked to see you showing emotions. Especially in such exaggerated way. Daenerys couldn't believe her eyes as well - she thought your heart was cold as stone.
"I want to go with you", you whispered, "I want to be where my husband is"
"There will be no beautiful dresses and no parties, my dear (y/n). There are going to be long roads, neverending days, the heat and the danger. There are going to be battles and wars, a lot of fire and blood", he tried to explain to you calmly.
"I chose fire and blood when I agreed to marry you", you said.