THE END

A few minutes later you met up by the motorcycles, "We have to wait for them," KF sighed, "Katya does... something, to my powers, so..." he began drumming his feet against the floor as he waited.

"I know," you rested a hand on his shoulder, and began to think, "Bart," you said, "What do we do next?"

He shrugged, "We run, I guess," he said.

"And then what?"

"We fight the bad guys," he said uncertainly.

"And then what?" you looked down, "We can't just keep running forever, and even if we could," you looked up at him, "Would you want to?"

Bart was about to say something. He was going to tell you to stay back, that this was his fault and he needed you safe, when he realized that that's where he'd been wrong this entire time. You and he had just been going back and forth blaming yourselves and every time something went wrong. You were doing it right now, and he'd been doing it, and was about to right now. Maybe it was his fault, maybe it was yours. But when he looked into your eyes, he realized that whatever the burden he didn't need to bear it alone.

"(Y/n), look at me," he took your hand in his and held it to his chest, "We can't keep doing this. You can't keep me away and there's no stopping you," he laughed, "So the only way we can get anything done is if we both stay," he took a breath and leaned back, "If that makes any sense to you."

You bit your lip and thought for a second, "Yeah," you said, laughing thoughtfully, "I guess your right I just—" you hung your head, "I feel like all of this is my fault."

"And I feel like it's mine," he said, "But blaming ourselves is getting us nowhere and I guess what I'm trying to say is—" he blushed, "I know its cheesy, but we have to stick together."

"Together then," you said, a smile broke out across your face as he looked down in embarrassment. In a swift movement, you grabbed his face and smushed it against yours, pressing your lips against his.

"Forever," you gasped, smiling as you pulled away.

He raised an eyebrow and smiled, "You promise?" He pulled you close to him; it was like all the tension was gone. Ever since Katya had tried to get to you that night, he'd felt like he should keep away, to protect you, but now he realized that this was where you needed him to be.

A half an hour passed and the two of you got impatient. It had been half an hour and Tim; Dick and Jaime hadn't showed yet. "I don't think they're okay," you squinted, staring into the trees.

Bart bit his lip, "Yeah," he said following your gaze, "Neither do I," he held up a finger to his com, "Hey guys," his brow furrowed, "Guys?" he turned to you, "No one's picking up," he said in confusion, "Tim? Dick? Jaime? Guys do you copy?"

Your eyes widened, this wasn't over, not by a longshot. Katya was coming for you. You gripped Bart's hand and realized that he was trembling too, "Bart," you said, trying to breathe slowly, "Could you get me a churro?"

He nodded and in a second, he'd brought back two steaming hot churros. The two of you ate them in silence, nervously chewing as you waited for something to happen, wanting anything to disturb the quiet air at this point.

You passed Bart your napkin for him to throw out, but before he could you heard a noise and turned back to the forest, where figures could be seen breaking through the branches. This was it. Katya came through at the head of a squad of men dressed in black, dragging Dick, Tim, and Jaime in a taser net behind them.

"Let them go!" you yelled, "This has nothing to do with them! Let them go!"

Kaya shook her head, "You have one last chance to give yourself up," she aimed her gun at Bart, "Do you remember what happened last time?"