Chapter 5

Bart Allen sat in a dark corner; he couldn't believe what he had just done. He had failed you, he had let them take you, and worst of all he had run. He should've fought them; he should've done something, anything! But he ran away, like a coward. Bart punched the ground with anger at himself; he punched it till his arm hurt.

He grunted in frustration and looked at his hand; there were no bones broken. He slumped against the wall behind him and sighed. He knew, in the back of his mind, that there was nothing he could've done to save you, not without getting caught himself. But he still couldn't help but feel that there was something that he didn't do, something he didn't think of. But there was nothing. He felt completely helpless, and all he could think about was the helpless look in your eyes right before they'd taken you. He couldn't imagine what horrible things they might be doing to you right now. The tortures described in history were too awful to think about. He just hoped that they weren't doing that to you.

When he'd first met you, in the bus crash, Bart had recognized your face from history books. You had been kidnapped by a gang of terrorists to be used as a human bomb. Using you, they had killed most of the UN in one day. When he'd seen you, Bart had decided that he wasn't going to let that happen, so he watched you carefully, and tried to make sure that you wouldn't be around the day of your kidnapping. That was the point of the favor, to give him a reason to take you out of there, but he was too late. The timing had been wrong, and the dates had gotten all mixed up over the years. He'd saved you once, but then he'd let you get caught. The look in your eyes was too much for him, he had to save you. Not just for the United Nations, for you. What had started out as a mission had grown a whole lot more personal after his visits to you. You were sweet, kind, and funny, and- and he had to save you.

Bart knew what he had to do next. He pushed every thought out of his mind, except you. "I'm coming (y/n)," he said as he stood up and prepared to speed off, "I'm coming."

-Your view

You woke up in a dark room, at first you couldn't remember what had happened, but after you shook off the grogginess, the events of the past hour came flooding back to you.

"Bart," you whispered, searching the darkness for him. He was nowhere to be seen. You sighed with relief. He'd gotten away, at least one good thing had happened today. You took a deep breath to calm yourself, and then you stood up and began to study your surroundings. All that you could tell in the darkness was that you were in a rather small room with a door in one wall. You tried to open it but it was locked, and you couldn't find any lock to pick.You tried everything you could think of, from ramming to kicking the door, but it wouldn't budge.

Finally you'd tired yourself out; you gave up, slumped against the wall, and sighed out loud. Suddenly a woman's voice split the darkness.

"You can't escape little girl," she said, "This is a high tech facility, with no ordinary locks and no ordinary doors."

You jumped at the sound of the voice. You tried to figure out where it was coming from, but it seemed to emanate from everywhere. "Who are you and what do you want with me?" you asked, trying to keep your voice from trembling and showing your fear.

"We know you have the meatgene little girl," the voice said, "And we plan on using it."

"For what?" you asked as you crept towards what might be the source of the voice.

"You'll see soon enough," the voice taunted.

"How about now!" you yelled jumping at the source of the voice.

"Foolish child," the voice said as you fell to the ground confused, "There are speakers; you didn't really think I would go in there." You punched the wall and grunted in frustration.

"You have an hour before testing," said the voice. Then there was static, then nothing. You sighed and sat against the wall, waiting.