Chapter 8

You sat up in a big empty parking lot and looked around. You had no idea where you were, or how you'd gotten there. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted Kid Flash, lying on the pavement.

"Bart!" you yelled, rushing over to him. You held his limp body in your arms and tears flowed freely from your eyes. "No no no no no no no, stay with me Bart, please." You looked up, and through your tears you saw your kidnapper.

"What did you do to him?" you yelled through sobs.

"No, darling," she answered, "The question is, what did you do?

"No," you gasped, "Tell me I didn't do this." The woman nodded at you and cackled.

"No!" you screamed, "No, it's not true!"

"Hey," someone whispered weakly. You looked down, it was Bart.

"B art," you said, wiping your tears. He gave you a reassuring smile. Then he winced in pain.

"I love you, (y/n)," he whispered, he was weak, and the effort to speak was tipping him over the edge.

"I know," you whispered, as the tears sprang back into your eyes

"And this is a dream," he whispered, and began coughing up blood.

"I know," you sobbed.

"Wake up, (y/n)," he whispered before closing his eyes for the last time.

"I will," you whispered, holding his body close to you. Suddenly, ice came shooting out at you from nowhere.

"No!" you yelled. You bolted out of bed and tripped, falling flat on your face.

You looked up and sighed with relief. It was all a dream; you were still in the farmhouse. You stood up and snuck out of the room. You had to see Bart. You crept through the hallways, checking each door, slowly and carefully. Making sure that the floorboards and the hinges didn't squeak. Your own house was full of squeaky floorboards which made you an expert.

You checked room after room, but they were all empty. You'd finally gotten tired of checking thoroughly and had started just glancing around and leaving, when you noticed a tuft of red hair sticking up from the bed sheets.

"Bart!" you whispered excitedly before running to his side.

"(y/n)!" he whispered happily. He was happy that you were okay.

"Bart, are you-,"

"Shhhh!" he whispered, gesturing towards the door. You ran over and closed it before continuing in a whisper.

"Bart, are you alright?" you asked.

"I'll be fine," he said, winking at you, "Just as soon as my team comes to pick me up."

"What about the ambulance?" you asked.

"What about it?" he asked cluelessly.

"Bart," you said, rolling your eyes, "You can't reveal your secret identity to everyone."

"Right!" he said, "Well..." His face was thoughtful and his nose was all scrunched up. You sighed, he had such a sweet face, it was wise, but mischievous at the same time.

"I know!" he exclaimed, snapping you out of your thoughts. "You can distract them until; the team gets here."

"Distract the paramedics?" you said doubtfully.

"Please," he begged. You sighed, you knew you owed him, a lot. You looked at him; he was trying to hide it from you, but you could tell, he was in pain.

"Okay," you sighed, "I'll do it."

"Thanks (y/n)" he said softly. You could hear the sirens nearing the house. 
You sighed, again.

"Showtime," you whispered, with a reluctant smile on your face. Kid Flash winked at you.

"Good luck," he whispered. You turned and quickly left the room. You were blushing like a tomato, and you were not gonna let him see you like that.

                                              ____________________________________

Sorry that was so short. I'm in this art camp, so I haven't had much time to work on this. Oh! BTW The dream in this chapter was based off this dream I had the other night, except it was Jason Todd, not Kid Flash! Lol!