Chapter 6

***Up top from left to right. Owen, Eric, Cathan

Owen's POV

Pain grew up my arms and my jaw throbbed, which was nothing compared to my neck, It felt like it was on fire. From the lack of feeling in my arms, my hands must be tied behind my back. Judging by the degree of numbness, the ropes were digging in pretty tight. My legs were free but it didn't matter. Sitting in this position they were going numb too. I wasn't going anywhere. There was someone else in the van with me. Must have been that kid, Cathan. He was gagged, blindfolded, and tied, squirming, obviously awake. Eric was sitting next to me, glasses askew and obviously still passed out. I moved my hands around the ropes tying my hands, feeling around for a knot. Something, anything I could use to cut the rope. No such luck. My knife was gone from my back pocket. I scooted toward the other guy, trying not to scare him.

"You're Cathan, right?" I whispered.

The boy nodded.

"Owen. I'm going to try and find a way out of here." I peered out the window. From the looks of it, we were in the middle of nowhere. In the distance, I could barely hear cars whizzing by. Must be a highway.

The car door slid open and I jumped, scooting further back into the side of the van. A boy climbed in, with long black hair and a devilish grin on his face. His combat boots seemed to make dents as he made his way over to me.

"Thought you could escape?" Those green eyes bored into mine. "Hey there old friend."

It had been years since I had seen that face, and all I wanted to do was slash it until it was unrecognizable bloody mess. Will Rake.

"Where are we?" My voice wavered slightly.

"Oh I am so not telling you." Will spat, pulling a knife out of his pocket. "Now, you're going to stay still. If you don't... Well, you remember what good times we had at the Camp? If not, I could help you remember."

My blood ran cold and I sucked in air, remembering the water as it filled my lungs. Lighting striking the ground, thunder shaking me until I couldn't breathe. A knife pressed into my side, twisting. Will pressed the exact spot and I practically jumped into Cathan's lap. Breathe, Owen, breathe.

The passenger door opened. "Behave Will, we need them alive." Beautiful, intimidating, and towering over us, this woman radiated power. As Eric would put it, I was the ultimate bitch. I would say it out loud if it weren't for the fact I could chop my head off and not think twice about it.

"Now, let's go over some ground rules. We will untie you tomorrow, and unless you want something to happen to Cailean, you will be good little boys while we travel. No escaping, no tricks, or she will die, along with yourselves. Now, get some sleep, you'll need it." She took off Cathan's blindfold and gag. "Goodnight my little bargaining chips."

After she was gone, I sighed, beating my head against the side of the van. At least it distracted me from the pain in my jaw.

"So you know who they are?" Cathan asked.

"Yeah. I know they will kill us if given the chance. In short, they are bad news." I looked out to the forest through the window and my mind wandered. If Ali were here, I would know how to get out of here and then try and run through the woods. Speaking of which, this guy was her brother. I took a look at him. I couldn't see it.

"So you're pretty close?" Cathan asked.

"What?"

"You and Ali. You're close?" He held my gaze.