"Okay. Do you need a ride?" he asked, letting out a yawn.

I shook my head. "Get some sleep. I'll call Josh."

"I'm sorry again," Trevor said in a soft voice.

"Don't be," I responded with a smile, though I did feel slightly uncomfortable. I just didn't want to make him feel worse than he already did. "I'll lock up when I leave."

I got up from the couch to call Josh, but at the last second I decided to call Fox. I needed to talk to someone to get out my frustrations and emotions about what had just happened, and there was no way I could talk to Josh about this. We weren't that close and he would just boast and tell me that he knew it would happen eventually.

"What?" Fox answered the phone.

"You still at Ryan's?" I asked him, ignoring his slightly rude tone.

"On my way home now, why?"

"Do you want to pick me up?" I asked in a sickly innocent tone.

Fox sighed. "You still at Trevor's?"

"Yeah."

Fox let out a longer sigh this time. "Send me your location."

I stood in the hallway to wait for Fox, peaking my head in the living room to see that Trevor had made himself comfortable on the couch and looked to be asleep. The kiss was unexpected and left a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt like a sucker punch to the gut and I couldn't shake the feeling.

It wasn't that Trevor wasn't an attractive guy, but I just couldn't see myself wanting anything more with him. Ever.

After what seemed like ages, Fox sent me a text to let me know he was here. I scurried over to the door, making sure to lock it before I left. My hockey bag was still in Trevor's car, but I was sure he'd bring it with him to school on Monday.

"What's got you in such a rush?" Fox confusedly asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I would have thought about how cute that looked if I wasn't so stressed out.

"I just had to get out of there," I told him, buckling my seatbelt.

"Okay... you heading home?"

"No," I quickly denied, shaking my head.

"Where are you headed then?" he wondered.

I sighed. "I don't know."

"Wanna come to mine?" Fox offered, shifting the car into drive.

I enthusiastically nodded and Fox pulled away from the curb to head toward his house. The ride there was quiet apart from when Fox snapped at me to stop bouncing my leg.

"You can sleep in my room or Robin's old room since he's away at school, but it's up on the third floor," Fox told me as I followed him up the stairs. "We kinda have a full house tonight. My brother came home from college for the weekend."

I didn't have to ask to know that Robin must be one of his brothers.

"I'll just sleep with you," I blurted as we got to the top of the stairs.

Fox turned to face me with a coy smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

"That's not what I meant and you know it," I said with a scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay," he said, sounding unconvinced. "But don't act like you haven't put out for me before."

I was surprised Fox was even teasing me about this. Before, he would get angry if I even looked at him in the wrong way. Now, he was casually bringing up the time the two of us hooked up.