7;

Minho checked his reflection in the glass door one final time before straightening up, mustering up all his courage and stepping into the darkness. For a minute or two he could make out nothing at all but dark silhouettes murmuring in conversation, the shapes becoming more discernible as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He carefully made his way towards the place where he had first met Jisung, a table situated in the quietest corner of the room.

"Jisung?" Minho whispered into the darkness

"Oh, you're here" A small pause. Despite their confidence over text, it was different talking in real life and it was clear the two of them were nervous.  "I wasn't sure you'd turn up".

Minho relaxed after hearing the familiar voice, taking a seat opposite the younger boy.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" He grinned, trying his best to see the features of the boy in front of him. "Do we have to meet in the dark like this?"

"I like the dark." Jisung replied, leaning back in his chair.  "It's like a scene from a black and white movie, you know? In the darkness, nothing seems impossible. It's just me and my imagination." He sighed a little.

"The first night I came here - the night we met - I fucked up an important audition. When I got up on stage, all I could see were these huge, bright lights glaring down on me, burning into me. I froze up like a deer caught in headlights. I was so angry at myself, so disappointed. I don't know. It was like all this time and money my parents had spent on me to follow my dreams had all gone to waste...."

Minho listened intently, his heart sinking more and more as Jisung continued to talk. He desperately wanted to comfort the boy - to pull him closer and hold him tightly, run his hands through the other's hair, cradle him in his arms.

"....so I like being in the dark, away from the spotlight." Jisung paused after that. For a while they sat in comfortable silence, each studying the others dark shadow.

i decided to split this chapter into 2 parts, so there might be a double update today!
i kinda like how this one turned out 👉🏼👈🏼

ps: there will definately be some development in the next part 👀👀