Chapter 12: I Wanna Party

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyn (Alyna Ameer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rush of adrenaline is addicting, the feeling of letting go like shucking off my skin, a layer of protection I have kept on me for as long as I remember. I move with the music, letting it flow. Relaxing my body, I let it move whichever way it wants, wherever it wants.

Another song erupts from the speakers as someone begins to wail loudly into the mic, shouting the lyrics on the top of their lungs. Irene. She has her head thrown back and a shine in her eyes that are like wild hunger, ready to devour. I grin.

Aly has stopped dancing and has whipped out her phone, currently taking a video of us going wild. She has a small smile on her lips as she records Sarah and Amara grinding on the floor and Mackenzie pole on Amara's bunk bed. Well...at least they are trying to. The result is a bunch of drunken, crazy teenagers trying to move their bodies.

I join Sarah and Amara, grinding on the floor beside them. Aly lets out another laugh, but as I glance at her, a thought enters my mind. Is she shy? I know she is just using the phone as an excuse to record us so that she doesn't dance, but that isn't going to stop me. Pushing off the floor, I make my way towards her, avoiding Irene who is prancing around the room, still screeching.

I plop next to Aly, snatching the phone out of her hand. She protests but makes no move to grab for it. I wave it in front of myself and make shooing motions towards her.

"Get outta here grasshopper, go dance. I'll record you," I say with a grin.

She looks at me reluctantly but agrees, going over to join Irene. They both begin to sing to the next song that comes on, Chandelier echoing through the entire room. Oh God, their voices are the worst but it seems like the smile on Aly's lips has turned into a pretty genuine one and I feel like it's worth it. Abandoning the phone in my hand, I join them. Fuck recording, I'm going to live in the moment and no one is going to stop me.

A Jason Derulo song comes on, Tip Toe blaring through the mic. Amara and whoop loudly and I laugh with the euphoric feeling inside of me. This is really happening and I am here and alive and this is the best feeling in the world. The feeling of freedom.

"Big fat thang, overflowing.

Skin tight dress, couldn't hold it.

Way too thick like it's swollen,"

I rap, slurring my words slightly. I drop to the floor with the music and then get back up, cocking my hips to the side.

"Bring that body my way.

Can't take it off my brain.

Look like you do ballet.

Hold tight when you tiptoe"

I mimic the song, laughing again. I haven't laughed like this in forever, and the feeling of letting go is so freeing. I throw back my head, grinding against Amara and that's when the door swings open.

I don't notice it at first, not until the music suddenly shuts off. The sudden quietness is eerie and we all look at one another. That's when the voice cuts through and I freeze.

"What the heck?" shouts someone. Everyone's heads turn towards the open door where a boy stands, his dark hair a contrast against the white door. His face is twisted into a frown, but it is clear that he is very handsome. My eyes land on him and my body shuts down. No, no, no, not him, it can't be, but no matter how much I plead, it is no use. He is still there.

His eyes are sweeping the room as he continues to shout. "What is wrong with you people? The music is so loud I'm pretty sure they can hear it all the way in Africa! And your voices, you all sound like hyenas, laughing every two sec-" And that's when his eyes land on me.

Everything freezes and he stumbles backward, flinching. His eyes are locked in mine, and there is no one in the room but us. He opens his mouth and whispers something and maybe it's disbelief and he is trying to convince himself that I'm not here, that this isn't real, but it is. It is and I cannot snap myself out of it.

I open my mouth and his name falls from my lips.

"Haden."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnddd, dun dun DUN!!! We finally get to meet the famous Haden! And he happens to be Amara's cousin? Hmm, juicy! Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

Question: Ramadan Mubarak! How many of you are fasting this Ramadan?