Chapter 12: I Wanna Party

"Now, the party don't start till I walk in."―Kesha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aly (Alyna Naadir)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare horrified at my new friends and think, what have I gotten myself into? These wild girls that I just recently became friends with are acting like we have known each other for years. Those are signs of good friends, right? Acting like you've known each other for years. Mackenzie and Irene are staring at the three girls dancing like they've grown three heads each. Then slowly, Irene gets up and goes over to Amara placing her hands on Amara's hips. She looks very uncertain of what's happening, but then she starts moving and copying Amara, relaxing against her. She starts to smile and laughs, throwing her dark curls back while swaying with the beat.

"Come on Aly, it was your dare and we've already shown you how to do it," says Amara.

"Let's go, Aly," Sarah calls out. "Show us some of that sexiness". This is weird. And wrong, isn't it? Dirty dancing, arghh that's so not me.

But how would you know, you've never tried it?

Yeah, and I'm not going to. It's wrong.

Not wrong, fun. And besides, don't you wanna fit in? You don't want them to ditch you like Alia.

Alia did not ditch me, you stupid conscious. She's just busy.

Right, and I'm a frog. Whatever. Look, even Lyn and Amara are dancing and they're Muslim like you.

Yeah yeah, alright. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Fun. Don't you want friends and fun?

Fine, just this once. Maybe

"Enough thinking Aly, just have fun," Lyn says pulling me up with her as she laughs. I find myself in the middle of a bunch of dancing girls, girls I didn't even know until recently. They are all dancing and laughing, moving from one girl to another.

"Alright, I'll dance, but not to taki taki. Change the song," I say rather grudgingly.

Sarah obliges and goes to her phone to change the song. All of a sudden Strip that Down starts playing.

As soon as the song comes on, Amara and Irene let out a squad of delight and continue what they were doing. I stand there examining everyone. Mackenzie is near the wall doing god knows what, I think she's trying to grind. I turn over to Sarah, Amara, and Irene who are trying to copy some choreography but are failing epically while Amara leads them. Then there is Lyn who is doing her own thing in the middle of the room. She swings her hips, then her arms, shaking her butt a bit and then she does the whole routine over again.

None of them know how to dance, but it looks like fun. I mean, they are literally falling with laughter. It can't be a bad experience. Once I've analyzed everything, I can feel myself shaking with the beat as well.

I go over to Amara and grab her hand. She smirks and looks excited as we start to move back and forth like a ballroom dance. I'm still holding her hand when she flips me around so her head is on my shoulder. We start to sway to the music and I feel happy. The girls start cheering and whooping saying things like finally and about time.

I smile to myself and decide to do something crazy. I grab Lyn who's the closest to me and yank her towards me so we almost bump heads. She looks surprised but grins instantly as if to say yes, finally. I go down, tracing a finger slowly on her rib cage with a sexy, or at least in what I think is a sexy smirk. I don't feel like myself and I can't tell if I'm having fun, but everyone starts clapping and laughing so I decide to continue, dropping all the way to the ground.