26 Happily Ever After

BEEP BEEP BEEP. I groaned rolling over to wack the obnoxious alarm clock reminding me to wake up. I rolled out of my sweet comfy bed to make my way towards the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and almost fainted. I looked horrible. I told them we shouldn't have the bachelorette party the night before the wedding. Why did no one listen to me? I hopped in the shower letting the warm water wash away any remaining makeup from last night. Finally satisfied I stepped out grabbing my pink toothbrush carefully not to mistake it for the blue one which I accidentally did once. As I scrubbed my mouth I made my way around the apartment It was very large and one whole wall was a window overlooking the city. I admired the beautiful furniture and expensive decor. I was to busy last night to get a good look at the place. Thank you, Bruce, for letting us stay at your hotel in San Francisco. After a bit of persuasion from the best man, Bruce let us use his Hilton for the wedding. After saying how it would be easier since Dads Job at the daily planet doesn't pay him like his job at Wayne Enterprises. I made my way back to the bathroom when I was about done brushing my teeth. I lifted my head up from spitting out the water and I felt a warm pair of hands wrap around my waist. I leaned into them immediately knowing who they belonged to. I looked forward and saw the reflexion of Damian in the mirror. He placed soft kisses on my cheek making me giggle. Holding my hands in his he stroked his thumb over the cold metal band wrapped around my finger.

"The wedding reminds me of when I first gave this to you." He smiled fondly remembering the evening. 

It's cold. And I am wet. Damian had been taking me on a rather lovely until the bipolar weather of Gotham decided to rain on us. Just on us. The city was fine it was the cute little park in the woods at the end of town that received the downpour.  We had spent the day outside eating and looking at all the little critters. Damian was being very odd though. His normal confident eyes shone with worry. I didn't ask though. I figure it was because of a hard mission. Now that Grayson Jr. is training to be Robin Dami has been stressed out. After Tim turned down the Batman mantle he said Damian should have it and now he is a wreck. Tim left to go do his own thing along with dick and Jay. Damian is conflicted so I don't blame him for being stressed out today. We had been running to the car after the rain made its appearance. I passed by bushes but in the corner of my eye, I saw a clearing. I walked towards it and saw it was a cliff but you could see the whole city from up here. Damian soon joined my side looking out over his city like he does every night. I could see him rake his hands through his hair beside me. Suddenly I didn't see him at all. I turned to see where he had gone and found him on one knee. I had never been more nervous in my entire life. I watched him reach into his jacket pocket and pull out a small bok. However, the diamond inside of it was definitely not small. The band was thin and littered with tiny diamonds leading to the big one in the middle it was a rosy colored diamond glistening through the few raindrops that had fallen on it. I looked up at Damian astonished and he looked back at me lovingly. He opened his mouth ready to give the speech he had been saying in his head all day. The one his brothers all helped him right. He felt a weight lift off his shoulders when he began.

"Lara I-'

"Yes!"I interrupted letting out deep breaths.

"Wha- you didn't even let me ask." He said confused.

"I know babe but you were taking to long and I already knew my answer." I kissed him once he finally stood. He held my hand sliding the beautiful ring on it and kissing my hand.

Damian let go of my hand and took his turn in the shower. I blow dried my wet hair put on some clothes to go meet up with the bridesmaids to get ready. I kissed Damian goodbye and made my way out the door. As soon as I stepped out I was engulfed by a swarm of girls who led me to the room to get ready. I had to be down there in three hours so I had plenty of time to do my hair before the wedding bells would ring. I curled my hair first. Dark waves curled around my head. my makeup was minimal for the wedding would be on the beach. lastly, I put on my dress. It was very pretty and went down to the floor.  The gorgeous lace A-line hugged the right places. It was poofy at the bottom but had a slit that came up my thigh and it parted as I walked. The heels were tall and wrapped around my ankle and up my calf. With an hour to spare, I finished and looked at my phone to see the many texts from Damian. He said it was an emergency and I needed to meet him in the hall. I made my way over to see him facing away from me with his hands in his hair. He was wearing a light pink suit that matched the color of my dress. His tan skin popped in the light color.