22 Little Demon

He's he's dying. He keeps closing his eyes and opening them again. His head bobbed around until it stopped...He didn't open his eyes again. He just froze. He looks asleep. If anyone would have asked me I would have said he was just taking a nap. A nap he would never wake up from. I felt the tears run down my face. I tried to wipe them away but more just took their place. Bruce was beside me. I saw him press two fingers under Damian's jaw.

"No pulse, "He growled.

DIck pushed him out of the way, his own tears flooding his mask. "No Bruce you have to try his wrist!" he argued. After holding his fingers to Damian's wrists he let out a few profanities before letting go.

I started crying even more. Jon was behind me now resting a hand on my shoulder. This is my fault I should have moved out of the was I should have seen it coming I shouldn't have let him do it. What were the last things I said to him? I should have told him I care for him. I should have told him I loved him. I should have loved him. I never should have fallen for Ace. Damian was heard the whole time willing to die for me... But I didn't... And now I never can.

Jason's POV

WHats wrong with them? The kid is dead? Well, what are they gonna do about it? Nothing? The Demon Brat may very well be a little punk but he is still, technically, my brother. I'm not just gonna stand here and let him die when there is a magical green hot tub that can resurrect him ten feet away. I march up to the crowd around Damian. I lean down and pick up his already chilling body. Damn the kids gotten big he is heavy.

"Jason what are you doing!" Bruce yelled.

I didn't respond I'm not going to take the risk of him trying to stop me. I carry him into the room with the pit. I haven't seen it since I was brought back myself.

"Jason stop!" Talia. Doesn't she know this is her fault? "Jason no! It's not ready it won't work as it did before. He will be different he won't be the same!"

I tuned her out. Everyone else had made their way into the room. No one dared to stop me. Everyone wants Damian to live they want it to work. I'm just the only one who has the guts to bring him back. I'll take the blame if it messes him up. I want my brother to be safe damn it.

I carry him into the familiar green liquid. Submerge him in the pit waiting for it to take effect. I pull out a nock out pellet from my jacket pocket knowing how he will react once he wakes up. His green eyes flash open and he starts thrashing in the water. I hear gasps behind me but I stay focused on Damian. I wrap my arms around his flailing form and crush the pellet in my hand knocking him out quickly. Pickin him up once again I carry him out of the pit. Bruce is stunned. He places his fingers on his neck once again.

"He's alive."

^^^^

When we got back to the cave Damian was carried in by his brothers and put in the med bay. I sat by him even when everyone else had filed out of the room. I rested my head on his bed and held his hand. I felt a squeeze on my hand. I shot up and looked to my left. Damian's eyes were clenched. He was waking up.

"Hello Kent," he stated simply. I tackled him in a hug tears brewing again.

"Damian you are okay! I'm so sorry." I buried my head in his chest.

"I'm fine Kent really this is unnecessary." lightly pushing me off he got up still in his Robin suit.

"Damian listen there is something I need to tell you." He sighed then nodded his head for me to continue. " Look I know I said I moved on but truthfully I still had feelings for you I just didn't want to get hurt again. I thought you didn't actually like me and that you were being serious. When you jumped in front of that knife for me well it made me realize that I love you, Damian..."