16 Being in love

No beeping. Waking up in an unfamiliar place on a rock hard bed is not good. I sit up on the bed taking in my surroundings. I was still in the cell captured by the Joker. I look to my left Ace is still asleep on his cot. I can hear the faint sound of voices so I tune in my superhearing to understand it better. I recognized one of the voices to be Harley. "This is what I didn't want Ivy," she said.

"What did you expect?" "That Joker wouldn't learn of his son?" I'm assuming Ivy was the one to respond.

"I just hoped he wouldn't I never wanted Ace to get dragged into his games that's why I sent him away to live in the system that's better than what Joker is doing to him."

"How did Joker even find him anyways...You were so careful."

"I don't know I'm guessing someone snitched or something."

"But didn't you know who put him in there for you and paid for everything"

"Yes he did but something must have gone wrong because things were fine for sixteen years until two months ago when Jay came home with his son."

"Ivy, what are you doing here?" Joker interrupted their conversation.

"Just discussing the next girls day," she responded.

I tuned out of them when Ace started to stir. He woke up moments after. Hi sat up like I did and looked over at me sending me a sad smile. His hair was tousled but lying cutely over his face brushing against his eyelashes. "I would have thought you had escaped by now." his gravely morning voice took me by surprise. 

"No, the bars are lined with kryptonite can't break them," I answered. He nodded his head understandingly and brushed his hand through his unruly hair making it swoop back. He crawled down to his spot from the night before sitting by the bars facing me. I crawl to my previous position mirroring him.

"Good morning," he greets with a soft smile.

"Morning," I reply.

"What do you want to do today? We can play games. Do you know any good prison games?"

"No, I'm sorry I'm not familiar with any Prison games."I laugh.

"Hmm well lucky for you I know I few." He smiles. He looks around and grabs a small rock that came from the wall. He comes back over and starts making lines on the cement ground. "Hangman," he states with a beaming smile. 

"That's not a prison game it's a school game." I laugh.

"School prison same thing." he shrugged flashing me a smile and beginning the game.

^^^^

It's my fault. I let them take her I got distracted I should have protected her and I couldn't. I couldn't stop them. Why didn't I do anything! After last night my mind was in a daze. I couldn't even speak to Jon. I had to fight back the feelings. When Superman showed up to the bank Father had to explain to him what had happened. I couldn't stand the look on his face. She was supposed to be safe. Of course, Jon blamed himself for his twin's capture but it wasn't his fault.

"Master Damian breakfast is ready." Alfreds British voice rings in my ears. He enters my room stopping at the foot of my bed where I lay staring at the ceiling watching the far turn around and around.

"I'm not hungry Pennyworth, " I reply.

"Master Damian you didn't eat dinner last night either, I need you to come talk to your family you have been hiding up here all night." When I don't respond Alfred takes that as a cue to come and rip the sheets off of me. "Please, your father is worried about you." He exits the room. I sigh and sit up. After taking a quick shower I make my way downstairs to the dining room.