Perspective #7

Perspective #7

"Jamie!" I yelled at the same time she yelled "Kennedy!" We laughed and hugged each other. My sister had been away at college for about two years now and yes, she did come back on holidays, but this seemed to be a surprise visit.

"So aren't you going to let me into the house?" She asked jokingly and I hastily moved aside. She walked into the house and set a small bag on the floor in the hallway. Then she looked around as if the place had actually changed.

Then we walked over to the couch and sat down just like we did when we were kids watching television on a Saturday morning. 

"So," she said and turned to me with a big smile on her face. "Tell me everything about your senior year."

I rolled my eyes, already knowing where this was going. "Shouldn't I be asking you that? I mean, you've already experienced Senior year, but I haven't been to college."

She waved her hand. "You and your logic, just tell me! Do you have a boyfriend?"

I knew it.

But how to answer it? Yes, Mason was definitely my boyfriend, or else that would make me a slut, but if I told her, she would never leave me alone about it. And if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to go out with Mason the entire time she was here.

And you know, I really like my Mason time.

"Fine, okay, I may have someone to call a boyfriend," I said. The words weren't even out of my mouth before she started jumping around. I swear, I didn't believe that she was older than me.

"Kenny's got a boyfriend, Kenney's got a boyfriend," she sang songed around the living room.

I put my face in my hands. "I hate when you call me that," I said, even though I may have missed it a tiny little bit.

She ignored me. "Have you told dad yet?" She asked and I vigorously shook my head.

I would never tell that man I had a boyfriend. Anytime Jamie came home with a new guy, our dad would do his best to scare them away. He did it so well, it almost scared me away from ever coming close to Jamie too.

And if he scared Mason away, I wasn't sure if I would be able to live in the same house as my dad. I'd probably kill him. And Mason.

Suddenly, a mischievous glint was in Jamie's eyes. "Kenny, do you remember Ryan Spalding?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said slowly. Ryan Spalding was this guy who had been dating Jamie for awhile back when she was a sophomore in high school. Jamie didn't want to tell dad about him because she really liked him. But, being the little sister I was, I told-

"Oh no," I said. "I refuse to let you tell dad!" I ran over to her and tackled her down to the floor. I was a little bit taller then her, but she had more curves than me.

She laughed the laugh that I had known to be evil. "Revenge is so sweet."

"Please, Jamie, don't tell, dad will scare him away, please!" I begged.

"Fine, just get off of me," she said and I quickly jumped up. "Kidding!" She said. "I'll still tell."

Before I could beg some more, the man himself walked into the house. When Jamie heard him coming in she ran over to him and hugged him.

"Woah, what are you doing here?" he asked while hugging her back.

"At the moment, that's not important, but guess what!" She said giving me an evil wink.

I almost punched her right then and there.

"What?" My dad asked.

"Kennedy has a boyfriend." The dreaded words.