Perspective #6

MASON MOVED TO AMERICA WHEN HE WAS EIGHT, NOW!! I CHANGED IT!

Perspective #6

Seven days later and I was finding myself being kidnapped.

Well not kidnapped, but taken by an unknown person without my permission or anyone else's permission. Okay, actually that unknown person was Mason but still.

"Where are you taking me?" I screeched while he just reached over and buckled my seatbelt.

"I don't know," he said once he started the car and started driving out of the school parking lot when we were supposed to be in the school getting an education.

Yes, you heard right. Not only were we skipping, but we were going off campus. I could barely handle skipping my last class that one time with Mason to hang out at KAM, but going off campus completely? No.

"Mason, we cannot do this. Take me back. Turn the car," I demanded but he ignored my requests.

"You want to be happy-go-lucky right? Just for a day? Well I'm helping you with that," Mason said. "Even if it means skipping."

I shook my head. "I don't want to be happy-go-lucky this way," I said. My breathing was starting to get heavier and my head was feeling light. I think I'm going to pass out.

Suddenly, Mason pulled off to the side of the road and killed the engine. Then he turned to face me with a serious expression on.

"Kennedy, I want you to calm down," he said soothingly, but nothing was going to work on me.

This was really freaking me out. What if they caught us and gave us extreme punishments, like going to jail. Then I'd end up with scary people like stoners and I'd and up dead because they would use too much drugs and kill me.

"How am I supposed to calm down, we're going to die," I said.

He cracked a smile. "I usually don't say this, but Kennedy, missing one day of one class will not hurt you."

I tried to even my breathing.

"Just try to go with the flow and you know, just let everything be," he continued. "Everything will be fine, and we'll have fun."

Finally, I got my breathing back to normal and I started to rethink this whole death situation. Maybe everything would be fine and my teacher would forgive me for my absence. And maybe I would have a little fun.

"Okay, so where are we going?" I asked.

"Well, are you hungry?" He asked me back.

I nodded. "But can we just get fast food or something?" I asked.

He nodded and started the car back up. Ten minutes later we had ordered and we were sitting in the parking lot of McDonald's eating our meals.

"So, if you have a car and you can drive, why do you walk to and from school everyday?" I asked Mason. "Wait, don't answer that. It's because of the nature and refreshingness or something like that, right?"

He broke into a smile. "You got it," he said.

"See, I'm starting to know you like the back of my hand," I said then took a bite of another french fry.

"Maybe, maybe not," he said, then gathered up his trash. He held out his hand asking if I had any and I gave him the rest of my food, feeling full already. While he was gone throwing it away I pushed the lever on the seat and moved the seat back as far as it could go.

"Do you think of I gave you a quiz about me, you would ace it?" Mason asked once he got back and put his seat the same way as mine.

"Oh, definitely," I said. "But I do have one question or observation or whatever," I added in slowly, not sure if I should say it or not.