He couldn't bring himself to face her after everything he had seen and heard. He wasn't sure if he could control his rage if he would see the woman who had ripped his heart out and stomped over it mercilessly.

"Young Master" The guard and the butler hurried beside him in concern. It was shocking for them to witness someone as cheerful as Jimin crumbling down in tears.

Rubbing his palm all over his face, Jimin lifted his head up. The look of dejection was painted all over his face, he looked like he had lost every will to breathe.

"I know no one named Rin so send her off," Jimin told them in a weak voice.

The guard's eyes went wide because he could clearly tell what was going on. The way Jimin was behaving had unquestionably revealed what his relationship was with the girl waiting at the opposite side of the tall entrance.

"But sir" The guard attempted to voice out his thought but the glare that Jimin shot him made him clasp his mouth shut and follow the command given to him.

Letting out a deep shaky breath, Jimin leaned his back against the gate and stretched his leg straight to position himself on the floor. At that point, all the memories of them had become nothing but evidence of how fake her love was and all the kisses, a reminder of their forged bond.

 At that point, all the memories of them had become nothing but evidence of how fake her love was and all the kisses, a reminder of their forged bond

"She has been in love with me since childhood, Jimin-si. You were just a mere attempt to replace me, which clearly didn't succeed because, at the end of the day, I am the guy who she promised to share her wedding vows with"

He felt so stupid for not noticing their connection when he had spotted them in the library. Why did he decide to turn a blind eye, when she ran to Jungkook instead of him. His mind was yelling to see the truth but his heart never allowed him to look past the illusion of love she had created.

"Rin came to me crying confessing how she couldn't stop loving me even when she was with you. I was madly in love with her as well and ended up going overboard in expressing my feelings. We had been in an intimate relationship for 4 years so we couldn't stop ourselves when we found our way back to each other's arm"

Jungkook's confession had made him realize how foolish he was to believe someone like Rin would fall for a nerd like him let alone glance in his way. There was no comparison between the golden boy who excelled in every department and him who had many imperfections.

 There was no comparison between the golden boy who excelled in every department and him who had many imperfections