Chapter 4

Smiling and humming to a familiar melody, Rin curled her eyelashes to make her eyes look bigger then applied some eyeliner. Her entire mood was on cloud nine as she got ready to go to the university daydreaming about a certain guy, who was the reason behind the glow on her face.

After a decade, she wanted to doll up and put some effort to appear prettier. She had even worn the clothes her aunt had brought for her which she had discarded before saying it was too fancy for her taste.

Wearing a black camisole under a see-through white shirt and cream-colored pants, she got into heels and whirled in front of the mirror checking herself out.

She couldn't wait to reach University to meet the guy whose eyes smiled along with his lips causing her heart to flutter like crazy. Since Jimin had transferred in the middle of the year he needed lots of catching up to do and taking this as an opportunity, Rin had offered him her help which he had gladly accepted. Therefore they were meeting up early in the library and would be spending time after college was over as well.

Carrying her side bag, she skipped downstairs into the dining hall with mirth glinting in her eyes.

"Someone looks very happy" Mrs. Jeon, approached her with a pleasant grin and a mug of coffee.

"Jennie" Rin pulled her mother's best friend into a bear hug and began to swing to and fro.

"Omg Rin, what happened?" She teased pulling away from the younger girl's embrace.

"Umm, I...I secured first in something yesterday" She rambled whatever came to her mind.

"Really,?" Mrs. Jeon placed her mug on the top of the island.

"In what?" she inquired in curiosity.

"Maybe, who can stick their nose behind the book for the longest time?" Jungkook popped out of nowhere gulping down a bottle of juice.

From his attire and the amount of sweat that was glazing his body, she could tell he was working out in the gym and when his gaze fell on her, he paused for a while as though he was momentarily stunned by her choice of clothing.

"Kookie, what did I tell you about teasing Rin??" Jennie warned her son but he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh come on mom, she literally lives in the library. She has no social life, no friends..." He huffed ruffling his hair.

If it wasn't for Mrs. Jeon, Rin would waste no time and respond to him with a perfect reply but she contained herself and simply gave him a threatening look which he responded with a frown.

"I need to go early today, Sorry I won't be there to have breakfast" She shifted her gaze from the scowling guy to Mrs. Jeon and gave her a kiss on her cheeks before rushing outside without sparing a glance at Jungkook.

Jennie and her mother were childhood friends and after her father had thrown them out for a younger woman, Jeons took them under their wing and provided them a roof over their head. Jungkook's family never treated her any less than their own son to the point that they showered her with the same amount of love, money, and affection as their son. Rin really appreciated them for taking care of her and her mother but couldn't help but feel burdened by the kindness they showed to them. However, unlike her, her mother had no problem with it and always spent their money as though she owned it making Rin feel ashamed of her behavior.