Chapter 17

Hiding behind the book, Rin was shedding tears while cupping her mouth to prevent herself from making audible sounds that would draw the attention of people around her. She was extremely hurt by the adverse change in Jennie's attitude towards her.

Unfortunately, things were getting worst between them and Jennie had yet again yanked her hand off when Rin tried to help her to set the breakfast and lashed out at Rin for calling her by her name. 

Jennie was more than her mother's best friend for Rin. Since her mother never really gave her any attention or displayed motherly affection, it had always been Jennie, she would run to when she had any problems. She was like a mother figure to Rin, her leaning shoulder, her motivator but now due to her past mistakes, their bond had torn apart as though it was nothing but a ragged cloth.

Her cellphone laying on the table buzzed and a message from Jimin popped up asking where she was since he wasn't able to pick her up in the morning due to his prior appointments. She was supposed to attend a class with him but she had decided to go to the library instead since she was emotionally unstable.

"I got caught up in something, I will see you at lunch" She replied not wanting to burden him with her personal problems then resumed spilling her emotions putting her head down on the table.

"My queen" A tender hand started to pat her head in a comforting manner.

"Guk" She quickly wiped her tears and raised her head to meet Jungkook's bothered gaze.

"Sorry, it's my fault" knowing the reason behind her gloomy face, He gave her an apologetic look but Rin quickly shook her head signaling no.

"It's my fault as well, I should have never been involved with you." Jungkook's face hardened at her statement but he quickly masked his true feelings and continued comforting her taking his seat beside her.

"We can't change the past Rin but we can work together to shape our future" He spoke playing with the stand of her hair which had grown past her shoulder.

Rin narrowed her eyes not perceiving what was he trying to say. "I mean we should get along and show my mom that we are fine and happy and with time she will accept it too and everything will be back to normal" Jungkook began explaining while Rin nodded her head agreeing with his advice.

"Do you think we should come clean and explain everything?" Rin suggested wanting to do anything to gain back Mrs. Jeon's affection.

"NO!" Jungkook nearly screamed starling Rin.

"Trying to explain will be awkward Rin, just think how will they react if we tell them we were having sex behind their back?" He whispered as low as possible and the sound of it made her feel almost disgusted, Rin bit her lips considering his point. It sure would be hella awkward when maybe they thought they were like siblings.

"Then what do we do?" She asked meeting his light brown doe-like eyes that she once loved with her everything. She was desperate to fix things between her and Jennie.

Jungkook leaned closer, his eyes tracing each and every part of the girl he had lost his heart to. Her glossy pink lips, shining eyes, he could feel himself getting lost in her.

"We stay together" 

"Rin" Before Rin could open her mouth to ask what did that even imply Jimin's voice made her jump back adding distance between them.

"Jimin" She gasped turning her head to front mentally cursing for his bad timing.

Jimin had his brows knitted together and his lips tugged downwards. He had the stern kind of look that screamed 'I need an explanation of what is going on'.