Chapter 1: "Chosen"

I sat on my white upholstered stool at my silver vanity as I watched myself make slow longs strokes through my wavey brunette hair. After the final stroke, I placed my brush down and without looking down put my index finger in my chapstick. I then leaned in, putting my finger on my thicker bottom lip. I ran it over applying my chapstick for the cold atmosphere, doing the same for my upper lip which was just as thick as the bottom one but still smaller by comparison. I then wiped off the residue of the chapstick on my jeans before moving on to my eyebrows. Making sure they were done properly, the last thing I had to check before I decided to finish my appearance.

I can't hate this event any more than I already do but I'd still like to at least have my eyebrows looking good, it makes me feel presentable. I pulled back in my seat to look over my appearance. I brushed my hair over my left ear revealing my row of cartilage piercings, starting from the bottom with a gold heart earing and getting smaller with random shapes going up.

I stood up looking over my outfit which was my favorite orange and a white striped t-shirt with a picture of a peeled banana in the center of it. My pants were typical light blue high waters and I decided to opt out for basic white tennies. I smirked at my appearance feeling like it was perfect before heading for my door.

I walked out into the kitchen to find my mom and dad sitting at the table eating their breakfast without me, but there was a set plate of eggs, bacon, and toast across from mom. I sighed as I walked up to the table and pulled out my chair. As I started to sit down I couldn't help but notice moms eyes staring directly at me, practically shooting invisible daggers at me.

"Listen, mom-" I started to try and build up my case as to why I looked like a trash baby, but she just put down her fork in her hands making it clink against the plate as she crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair.
"Uh... I can care less about that pompous jerk, Shawn-"
"Ellie!" My mom hissed like me.
"What?! It's true! I don't need to be an Alpha's mate, I don't need a man to make me happy! Right papa?" I got defensive and went to dad to help me.
"I mean, she has a point..." Dad interjected to my mom, only for her to shoot daggers at him too.
"Or not... Ellie, this is a big day for all the young ladies... maybe he won't even pick you!" Dad said excitedly, riling me up as well. I smiled wide at him in excitement before looking back to mom who was still angry with us both, making us lose our smiles.

"You two are unbelievable. Quin, how can you encourage this? Did you forget we got married with this tradition?!" My mom raised her voice to dad.
"Of course not Diane, I just think-"
"And my parents before that, and their parents, and their parents, parents!" Mom continued to yet again go on her spiel about how it's a tradition to allegedly be forced into a "marriage." Being summoned as a potential candidate for female Alpha in its own is supposed to be an honor but actually being picked?

The end...

The male Alpha is the Alpha simply by fighting. Our current male Alpha is in power and practically a king for 10 years, after that, a challenge for power is held for every male in town from ages 18 - 30. In this challenge is the current Alpha wins overall competitors they stay in power for another 10 years or until they die. But whoever beats our Alpha automatically becomes the new Alpha. They undergo a transformation that lasts for a whole week, in that week the new Alpha uses his time to adapt as a more powerful, threatening being. He becomes more than a werewolf as the old stories are told but so far the only changes that have been recorded and seen are strength and a difference in the iris color.

Typically regular werewolf eyes are gold or a shade of gold. But as Alpha, your eyes change red, same for the female Alpha when chosen. For males the transformation is immediate but for females, the transformation happens after, "The Ceremony of Partnership." Or for simpler understanding... arranged marriage. The ceremony bonds the male and female Alpha for life to rule in power together until one of the Alphas die. If that happens the living Alpha is in full power until the remaining years or until it's death. If there are no living Alphas, then the last man standing challenge is held, and the last man standing is our new Alpha.