"I didn't know either." The actress couldn't do anything but let the tears fall from her eyes. "I-It hurts so much and .. and" she stumbled with her words "I thought, I really thought me and Young Bae were on the same page.

"After all those years of denial, I finally had the courage to love someone but guess what, my timing's not right. It was never right. All those plans and excitement he had was never meant for me." She chuckled sadly. "I was foolish to think that I always had Young Bae to fall back into when I'm finally ready. I was dumb to hope that someone so sweet and kind would wait for me until ... whenever."

Daseung's face crumpled in guilt. He couldn't even stare straight into Ash Lee's eyes. "I'm really sorry, noona. I'm sorry." He looked down and tears fell on his legs.

She sighed heavily. "He told me that we'll have kids. I guess he really meant that, only he's going to have his own with his beautiful wife." Ash winced. "There was never a 'Bae Choon-he' in his plans. Not even a speck."

"Choon-he, it's not like that. He —"

"I don't need to know anymore, Daesung." She pressed her lips together tight. "C-Can I please be alone? Just this once. Please." She begged as she felt the nearing tears escaping her eyes again.

The other hesistated but decided it would be best to give her privacy. "I'll be back."

As soon as Daesung left her side, Ash Lee fell from the sofa and bawled her soul out.

Upstairs, the couple and the maknae looked at each other worriedly after Daesung and Ash stormed out.

Seungri broke the silence. "Young Bae-hyung, I don't think Choon-he received your news that well ... she must've been angry because you kept it even from her."

Hyo Rin nodded sadly. "It's my fault," she sighed "I told Young Bae not to tell anyone until we — I'm ready. She must've been more shocked seeing me here because she didn't read the articles last night. I feel so bad."

"I didn't know she'll be that upset. She was so happy yesterday and I thought it was the perfect time to tell her everything. I just didn't have the courage yet and things messed up and went downhill." Young Bae said with regret. "I'm such a coward. Why was I afraid to tell my own bestfriend?"

"You ..." A man emerged from behind the kitchen door. "Where is Bae Choon-he?" He asked angrily. "Why did you do this to her?"

The three whipped their heads to the voice and saw Kwon Ji Yong standing by the door.

"Hyung!" Seungri nervously greeted. "When did you arrive? I thought you had a promotion in Jeju this afternoon. You could've called —"

"Tell me why!" Ji Yong yelled. "I left last night, knowing that you'll still go to Choon-he even though I advised you not to but what I didn't know was that how you were going to hurt her like this." His fist clenched hard and his knuckles turned white.

Young Bae glanced at Hyo Rin's scared face. "Take the fire exit. My driver's waiting by the car in the basement. Make sure you don't show your face to anyone. I'm sorry babe, but Ji Yong and I need to talk about this first." He subtly kissed her forehead before urging her to go with his eyes.

Hyo Rin bowed in apology before heading out. She knew that she shouldn't have left his soon-to-be husband handle everything but Ji Yong and Choon-he were a different case. They loved and valued Young Bae first before she can even know about his existence — and from her perspective, hiding their relationship from them was something to be completely upset about.

"Ji Yong, I'm sorry I kept this from you and Choon-he. I get that it's really maddening to hear about it from articles first but please, I wish that you'll support me on this. I love Eun Ran so much." Young Bae pleaded hopefully. "Of all people, you would know how long it took before I finally found the woman."