A Good Man

"You really di-didn't have t-to." Ash Lee's voice croaked as she entered the actor's car.

"What happened to your voice? I thought this was a photo shoot, not a cheering session." Seung Hyun commented and closed the door after her. He then went around to the driver's side.

"I'm just tired, really." She sighed heavily and reclined her seat back.

The rapper scratched the back of his head apologetically. "It's the ice cream, isn't it? Didn't think that one through."

"It has nothing to do with it, I assure you." Ash coughed lightly. "This'll get better just in time for our recording later."

"No, Choon-he —"

"I'm not having any of it oppa." She turned to look at him seriously. "I always do what I have to do."

Seung Hyun's face scrunched up upon hearing her. "You don't get it. I asked Ji Yong to —"

"Oppa." She closed her eyes shut. "It's fine. I'm done slacking off. We need to get this done or else, sajang-nim might think that I'm taking his offer too lightly."

The other knew that arguing with her would be nonsense. He just stepped on the pedal and drove off to the YG Entertainment building in silence. 'I'll just have to tell Ji Yong about her firsthand.' He thought to himself.

Upon their arrival to the recording studio, Choi Seung Hyun immediately asked for idol artist-producer Kwon Ji Yong's whereabouts.

"He's not yet here, Seung Hyun. I guess we'll have to wait until he finishes his recording." Kang Yeon Seok, Ash Lee's manager, answered.

"Oh? He's still in the other studio?" The actor wondered. "I thought it was scheduled at eight in the morning? It's already three."

The manager nodded. "Well that's right but he's not finished yet, as always. I heard he was unsatisfied with the featuring artist."

"Oh, I wouldn't wish to be that person." Seung Hyun shuddered. "I guess we'll have to camp in here for another few hours. Just enough time for you to rest —" He turned to Ash but went to find her already dozing off at one of the couches in the studio. "She must be really worn out, after all the crying and her packed schedule these past few days."

He went over her and took off his jacket to be used as her blanket. "Rest up all you can, Choon-he. It's going to be a long day."

Choi Seung Hyun played around the studio while waiting for Ji Yong to arrive. After almost two hours, he eventually stood up.

"I'm going to get some fresh air outside. I don't think Ji Yong's going to make it anyway plus he doesn't want to be bothered while recording. Just let Choon-he sleep for a while. I'll come back in a few." He told the Yoon Seok at the control table who just nodded at him.

Forty minutes after the actor went outside the studio, the door swung open and Kwon Ji Yong dragged himself inside with a restless expression.

He scoffed at the two people who seemed to be taking their precious time resting.

"You think this is the time to relax!" He yelled loud enough for the them to jolt awake from their sleep. "I worked my ass off on the other room then I find you, not even warming up your vocals? And where's hyung?"

"J-J-Ji Yong .."

He pinched the bridge of his nose intensely. "I think you guys are not taking me seriously. You are all just wasting my time like the useless so-called talent they wanted to feature in my songs next door." He spat harshly.