16. Her Scars

I grab my phone from the bed side table and check my twitter. It seems that the Lovatics found out about Demi adopting me. I gained over half a million followers.

I shake Demi awake," Demi look at this!" Everytime she wakes up her is wavy and sticking up a bit.

"What?..... Maddie it's time to get up." She shakes Maddie awake when she realizes what time it is.

"Demi check this out! I gained half a million followers obernight." Her eyes open wide, in awe.

"Oh my gosh. Really?" I nod. Maybe I'll wait until Demi finds out about the Lovatics knowing about adopting me. Maybe they already know.

I never told Demi this, but I'm actually an orphan. My mother died a while ago, and my father's in jail for the rest of his life. The person who took care of me, doesn't really care if I live or if I die young. She just pretends to care. The reason she allowed me to Demi's concert is because she wanted to get rid of me. I never understand what I did to deserve this. I don't remember doing anything wrong. My parents are dead. Well at least I know my mother is. Not sure about my father. I wish he was. He doesn't deserve to live. He's the one who got me to start hurting myself.

I still remember the first time I cut myself.

**flashback**

I was laying on the floor,  getting punched and kicked by my one and only father. I winced. "Daddy, why are you doing this to me?" I was only 10 . I shouldn't have asked. He punches my jaw.  And I feel the stinging. I feel blood drop from my chin.

"Because you deserve it. Now go to your room and stay there." I kept my mouth shut after that. I didn't deserve any of this and I knew it.

I ran to my room and slammed the door. I quickly found something sharp. My sharpener.

I grabbed it and stomped on it to get the blade unattached. I grabbed the blade and put it to my wrist and slid it across. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten.

**end of flashback**

Ever since then I have had the need to cut.

I realized that I was in tears. Demi pulls me into her arms. "It's okay, baby girl. Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" I nod, then realized maybe I should wair. It's too soon to tell her. I'll have to wait until she adopts me. So my orphan mother doesn't find out that I told Demi before I'm adopted.

"I'm going to take a shower. " I say.

"Okay." She answers.

Demi's POV

I hear slight whimpering behind the bathroom door. Then I hear Anna turn the water on. She left the door cracked, I thought to myself. I look through the Crack and can't believe what I see. There are bruises, cuts and scars all over her body. Did she do that to herself? Why does she hurt herself?

*****

I get the sudden urge to cut.

Do it demi! My demons taunt me. It'll help get rid of us.

No I can't do this to Anna. It won't help her recovery. It will show her how weak I am.

I have to stay strong for her.

***

I can't do this to Anna. It will show her how weak I am. I have Bipolar, but I take medication for it, so it should keep me stable. Did I not take my bipolar meds? I hope I did.

So many thoughts ran through my head. I have to control them. I decide to call Marissa to help me. She's been my friend for like ever. She can help me with these feelings. She's been there when I hurt myself. She was also there when I left for rehab. So she knows what to do.

I hear the ring, telling me it's working. I hear her voice," Hey Dems. How you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while."

"Hey, Mar. I need some help. I'm freaking about a bit. I think I may be close to an anxiety attack. I need you over, asap." I say, trying to hold back tears. I haven't had an anxiety attack in years.

"Okay. I'll be there soon. Just try to calm your breathing. I should be there in a few minutes." I hear her car start. She lives pretty close to my house in LA.

I see Anna get out of the shower."Hey Anna. Marissa is coming over. She should be here soon. A few minutes. I may be have a panic attack."

"Okay." She puts her robe on and I run to the door once I hear the door bell ring.

I fall straight into Marissa's arms."Have you been eating? You seem to have lost some weight." I nod.

She mumbles something into my ears. I shake my head." No. I didn't take them. I'm sorry Marissa."

"I forgot to take them. I've been trying to help Anna. She's just like me. She cuts, purges, and doesn't eat unless I force her to. Then she throws it back up. I did the same thing. I'm trying to help her. But it's really hard. Harder than I though it would be. No wonder my mother got so irritated and annoyed with me. I think she may need therapy." She nods.

I've been stressing out so much, that I didn't realize that I haven't been taking them. Once I saw Anna's cuts it started the emotions and feelings. I cringe. I can't believe what Anna's been through. I love Anna so much.

I love myself. I'm beautiful, smart, funny, and unique. Anna loves me. Maddie loves me. Marrissa and my parents love me. Dallas loves me. I love them all so much, more than they know. They have helps me through everything.

"Anna. Marissa's here!" I can't tell her what I told Mar. She'll never forgive me. Ever. If I want her to still love me then, I can't tell her yet.

-----------------

New chapter!

I've had so many ideas lately. I'm working on chapter 17 right now. It may be a couple days before I post the next chapter. I hope you like this story. I really do. More drama to come.

•What should happen next?

•ANY IDEAS COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME! Thanks!