8. My Story

I wake up the next morning and remember what happened. I had a horrible dream. I remember being in one of Demi’s songs: For The Love of A Daughter. That was one of her saddest songs. I know everything about her. Even that her father was an alcoholic and tried to beat her everyday. It’s sad knowing what happened to her before. My history isn’t as good.

When I was young my parents divorced. I was with my mom and my dad kept taking me away from her. I was too young to make a decision. I was just a baby. Then when I was like 7 I went back with my mom. I was so happy to be away from him. I hated him. He would hit me. It’s just so bad. I’ve hated him since then. I know your not supposed to hate, but I do. Sometimes.

“Four years old with my back to the door

All I could hear was the family war

Your selfish hands always expecting more

Am I your child or just a charity award?

You have a hollowed out heart

But it's heavy in your chest

I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless

Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father

I'd love to leave you alone

But I can't let you go

Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter

Oh

It's been five years since we've spoken last

And you can't take back

What we never had

Oh, I can be manipulated

Only so many times,

Before even "I love you"

Starts to sound like a lie

You have a hollowed out heart

But it's heavy in your chest

I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless

Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father

I'd love to leave you alone

But I can't let you go

Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?

How could you push me out of your world,

Lied to your flesh and your blood,

Put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?

How could you throw me right out of your world?

So young when the pain had begun

Now forever afraid of being loved”

My favorite lines. This song just explains it all. He just doesn’t care about me now. He doesn’t care at all. It’s like the alcohol changed him. He used to be so nice. But he’s changed. I used to love him. Until he started drinking his cares away.

I feel like when he changed, I changed. It’s better without him. I feel a lot better now that hes not in my life. I have a new dad. His name is Matt.  He's going to adopt me. It makes me happy knowing im going to have a new father.

I get up and get ready for the big day ahead of us. We never really got to see the movie last night. It's alright though. I am not in such a great mood right now anyway. I hope this day is better than yesterdays.

I pick out a new outfit. Neon blue crop top with a white tank top underneath. Blue jeans and a gray sparkly belt, that Demi gave me. I put light makeup on. And head out the door with Demi.

Btw I wrote this one by myself. Its a true story. Alot of my books are about my life. so if you read them youll get to know me better.

-Amanda