letter #13

Dear my sweet, sweet Dalton,

I am writing to you today on my deathbed, my family around me but an ache in my heart with the knowledge that I won't see you until... then.

I have asked for your recent letters and am pleased— no— ecstatic— no— overjoyed! that you are doing well, and so is your family. I wish I could be a part of your life forever and more, but my time has run out and life has only given me a few hours left to live.

Life was going great and I was so very excited to see you, my love, my life. But life has decided that we cannot be us, for a reason that I cannot and will not understand.

My last wish to you, is that you will always remain true to yourself, that you be the person that you have always been, for you are perfect in my eyes. Your idea of hope is something that will forever be on my mind as I leave this place.

Your hope, you see, is something that is so powerful, it works wonders, it really and truly does. Your hope, you see, is something that makes everyone turn and stare at you, for they can see it in your eyes and can only marvel at the way you carry yourself. Myself next to you is nothing compared to the high pedestal people put you on, since you always make sure that those around you, as well as myself, do their absolute best.

I cannot wait to see you in the after, for there, we can and will be together, forever.

With much love and much hope, I pass on my gift of the only thing I can give: my love.

From NYC, with Love,

Naomi