friends.

Him

I believe that meeting you was the best thing that could happen to me, just being with you made me the happiest me I could be.

In the weeks following our first meeting, we began to hang out more and more, you getting to know me and vis versa, as friends.

Your favorite candy? Skittles.

Your favorite song? Anything by Taylor Swift, though Red was your favorite album.

Your favorite food and dessert? Tacos and ice cream, specifically mint chocolate chip and strawberry.

Your favorite drink? Water, though I personally thought it more of a necessity than a favorite.

Your favorite movie? Any in the romance and horror genre.

Your favorite color? White, the color of the pristine, apparently.

I could go on and on, but the point is that you made quite the mark on my life as I got to know you. Life had struck tragedy on you early on, but still you continued to look forward, no thought to the buts nor the whys.

I really admire that about you.

Her

A lot went on in those weeks after our first meeting.

We went here and there, questions firing away left and right, and all the while we were getting closer and closer. The 'favorites' answers that you gave me were hilarious through and through, though I have no clue as to how I'll remember them all. Guess I'll have to manage, that is, if we'll continue with our friendship, and possibly transition into something more.

With my overshare on life, I was simply in the moment, as you had mentioned the recent death of a distant family member. The passing of my mother was hard on the family, yes, still I find myself laughing in the face of life and death, because I refuse to let it win.

I also look up at the fact that I now have you, and you may have me, for that is all that I can stand to give.