strangers.

Him

I remember the first time I saw you, you had served me coffee at my favorite diner. 2 creams, 2 sugars is what you remembered in the few days afterwards. Some weeks later, I asked you out on a date but you said that wanted to be 'just friends,' though we both knew it wouldn't last.

We hung out every once and awhile, myself coming to the diner even if you weren't there.

I just wanted to see you.

You had flowing chestnut hair and sparkling brown eyes that took my breath away. I soon found out that you loved to twist your hair into little braids overnight and take them out in the mornings, leaving your hair in a beautiful, wavy mess.

Once we'd gotten to know each other, I had told you that you were gorgeous and you had just blushed, mumbling a quiet 'thank you'. Such a vibrant rosy red tinted your cheeks, matching the color of your shirt.

It was just the week after that we were at this bar and you, drunk enough to be giggling, confessed to me that you had a thing for me. When I'd later asked you about that night, you couldn't recall a single thing after picking up your second or third drink.

I guess someone couldn't hold their liquor.

Her

2 creams, 2 sugars is the main thing I remember from the day we met.

To recap, you came in alone, sitting at a table with a laptop in hand and a few folders that were full to the brim.

You looked stressed, so I went over to you and asked if you needed anything. You said that coffee would be fine. I then came back with the cup of joe and watched as you poured 2 creams and 2 sugars into the mug.

In the days that followed, we hung out, you taking me to sites I'd never been to before, including a mini golfing place. But the thing was I didn't know how to golf for the life of me, so you pretty much had to help me out the majority of the time. Though it seemed you didn't mind the extra work.

Neither did I.

There was this time when you gave me such a sweet compliment and it was... what was it? I believe you had told me that I was beautiful, or something of the sort, and I could only blush.

You really took my breath away sometimes.

It was the week after that that we went to a bar, but I couldn't recall much after my third drink, having always been a lightweight. The next morning, I'd woken up in a bed, your bed. You told me you had slept on the couch and gotten up first to fix us breakfast.

You're just so... sweet.