|22|So long and thanks for all the booze|

| Ember |

Song: So Long And Thanks For All The Booze - All Time Low

*Next Day*

"Thanks Jacky, I'll see you tomorrow." Rian gets in my seat. I'm having a girly night with Cass, it's gonna be fun. I guess. I just wanna be lazy. I go in and she hugs me.

"Hey, how are you settling in?"

"Good thanks. It's just a little hard. But I know what I'm doing now."

"Spill girl."

"How do you cope with Rian being in a band?"

"Fine. I trust him."

"I'm staying away from Alex. He's bad for me. I know he is. He's a rockstar, living the life. Girls are all over him."

"You need to trust him."

"I can't. I don't know why."

"Start talking again. It might help." She smiles. I laugh uneasily. "It'll be fine. Don't force it."

"What's the plan for tonight then?" I ask.

"Movies and more movies. I was thinking bad neighbours. There's nothing wrong with a bit of Zack Efron."

"Oh god no. He's delicious."

"Just his body." I think me and Cass just had a breakdown. "I'm glad Jack dropped me later because we can have popcorn and stuff now! No proper food. I've already eaten."

"And I'm already two steps ahead of you. The popcorn and everything is on the couch. I was thinking pyjamas first, then the movie?" I nod then we go upstairs to get changed. I throw on my blue pyjama bottoms and a white shirt. I meet Cass back downstairs.

"You excited for you birthday then?" She asks.

"How did you know?"

"Jack."

"Yeah. I guess so, it just means I'll be older." We laugh. "Movie time, I'm ready to drool." She presses play.

*

"That was hilarious!" Cassie laughs.

"Yeah. One of my favourites." I lean on Cassie for support and she leans back onto me. I grab a handful of popcorn and start to eat some of it. She takes a few pieces out of my hand. "Hey you! My popcorn." I tease. She takes another piece.

"Not anymore, sucker."

"Anyone would think that we've been drinking."

"I guess so." She shrugs. "We are just like this all the time."

"I'm tired, Cass." I whine.

"Me too. We can sleep and then tomorrow we can go shopping!"

"Yay! I can spend Jack's money!"

"And I can spend Rian's!" We joke.

"I've got my own money. Jack might just kill me if I spent his." Honest truth. "Shopping still sounds good."

"And we can paint the town." I pull the blanket up on me and lie down. Cass does the same. I guess we must be tired. I never normally sleep early. I can't believe it's only my second day here. That's kind of ridiculous. It feels like longer. If it were, I'm sure I would've made up with Alex by now.

| Jack |

Alex seems happier, I know it's not because Ember is out of the house, it's just because she's around the guys. We all prat around when we're together.

"Cass just texted me. They're okay, they watched a movie and they're going shopping tomorrow."

"Looks like you guys are gonna be bankrupt." Zack jokes.

"I couldn't care less, as long as my sister was happy." I smile. "I'm glad Cass is her friend."

"It's all that she ever goes on about." Rian laughs.

"She's happy in her own little Ember world." Alex says.

"She's got someone other than the guys is what I meant." I roll my eyes. "I think Baltimore is gonna be good for her. That's why I asked her to move here. She's away from her old family, her ex, her old friends. She'll make new friends, we are her family and I'm sure she'll meet a guy while she's here." Alex tenses up.

| Alex |

I'm sure she'll meet a guy while she's here. I don't want her to! I like her and either she can't see it or she chooses to ignore it.

Nothing would make me happier than if we were even friends again, even that is sort of enough. I put my feet up on Jack and take a gulp of my beer.

Beer solves everything.

It can't bring you someone back, but it can trick you into thinking they are.

"So long and thanks for all the booze." Jack laughs.

________________________________

Really short, I'm trying to make as many chapter as I can before her birthday, but I think I'm gonna do a time lapse soon.

Can I get some votes?