|16|Matty's Return|

| Ember |

Song: If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn - Sleeping with Sirens.

Ella: Be round mine by six!

Oh. Thanks. There's no good morning text. And she woke me up for this.

Me: I will be! Good morning to you too.

Ella: stop complaining. You know you love it when I wake you up ;)

Me: shut up. I'll see you later loser.

Ella: love you too honey! Bring a bathing suit. We can swim ;)

I shake my head. She knows how to push my buttons.

It's not exactly morning. It's 1pm. Whoops! I overslept a bit. But I'm not late for anything. That's good. I get out of bed and go into the lounge.

"I wondered when you'd wake up." Matty says.

"How'd you get in here?!"

"You didn't change the codes."

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Good. So you can listen and I can talk."

"I don't want to hear anything."

"Ember, I miss you. I want you back. I love you. Not Marina."

"I don't care."

"Don't pretend you don't. If you hadn't met Alex, you'd still be with me."

"This has nothing to do with Alex. We aren't dating."

"That's good then." He scoffs.

"What do you want?"

"You. Ember. I want you back."

"No. I told you we were over."

"Ember. Please."

"I don't want to listen." He kneels down on the floor and pulls out a ring box.

"Ember. I want to fix this mess. Please marry me?"

"Is this a joke?" I laugh. "I'm sorry. If things were different, if I hadn't met Alex, there's nothing going on, but I think I like him. If you hadn't had cheated on me. I would say yes."

"You have to marry me!" He shouts.

"No. I don't, Matty I think you should leave."

"I'm not going anywhere until you marry me!"

"I'm not marrying you!" I shout back to him, completely losing my temper.

"Yes you are. Come here!" He grabs my left wrist and slides the ring into my finger. I rip it off with my other hand and place it in his pocket.

"Stop being stupid."

"Shut up! You will marry me!"

"Matty are you okay?"

"I hate you! Bitch!" He slaps me.

"Matty! Ow! Stop!" I shriek. "You're hurting me!" He slaps me again and kicks me to the floor.

"It's not over." He snarls. "Marina is better than you anyway."

"I don't care. I hope she realises what a sick and twisted and pathetic excuse of a man you are!" I shout back, he kicks me one last time.

"I suggest you get those codes changed." He says in a normal voice and storms out the room. I wince at the pain when I get up. What's wrong with him? I sit on the couch and cry into a pillow. It hurts. My face stings. My stomach throbbing. I don't like it. I open up my laptop with tears falling down my face. I bring up youtube and play some music. I decide on some Paloma Faith, I don't know why, I just like her, I especially love the song 'only love can hurt like this.' What me and Matty had wasn't love. I don't know what it was. My music stops.