|20|Thanks To You|

| Ember |

Song: Thanks To You - All Time Low

"Jacky!" I shout as I see him, standing there on his phone.

"Em!" He shouts back and puts his phone in his back pocket. I run to him and hug him. "Aw, I missed you sis."

"I know. Of course you did." I smile and loop my arm through his.

"Let's go to your new home then."

"Good because I'm hungry." I rub my belly.

"I bought some cookies. They're in the car."

"God you're amazing." We walk outside and start to talk.

"How was your flight?" He asks.

"Good. I was sat next to an old couple. They were so nice."

"That's good." We get in and I take the packet of cookies off my seat. I start to eat them. "Where's mine?" Jack asks. I get one and put it in his mouth.

"You can't be trusted to eat properly."

"So I'm being fed! Yay!" He cheers, starts the car and pulls out of the car park. "You're gonna love living with me." He smiles.

"I bet I will. You're my dear brother. It's definite going to be fun. I was mad at first, but I'm kind of excited. I'm nowhere near my parents."

"It's a new life, Em. Enjoy it." He smiles.

"I will. I think I'm kind of crazy, but thank you for forcing me to move to Baltimore."

"Yay! You're welcome."

"All thanks to you."

*

"Welcome to your new home." Jack pulls up outside a really nice house. It looks cool. "You think it's good now, just wait until you're inside. Everyone is here and waiting for you!" Well done Sherlock, explains all the cars.

"Let's go inside then!" He's so dumb sometimes. I open the door. "Hey guys."

"Ember!" They all cheer. They're all sat on the couch, even Cassie is here. I hug her first, then Zack, then Rian. Alex isn't there.

"Alex is upstairs." Zack informs me.

"He's an idiot. I'll talk to him later." I shake my head. I don't know why he's up in his room.

"How was your flight?" Cassie asks.

"It was okay. I was being frowned at by a stewardess, but other than that, it was okay." I sit next to Zack, who's hugging me for no reason. "Care to explain why you're hugging me?" I ask.

"We missed youu!" He sings. I just laugh.

"I'm tired."

"We'll go soon, we just wanted to say hi." Rian smiles.

"You still owe me drum lessons."

"Another day." He laughs.

*

"Bye guys, thanks for coming!" I close the door. I haven't looked at the house properly yet because they've been here for an hour or so. Alex still hasn't come down. I feel bad. Is he trying to avoid me?

"Alex, come down, we have food!" Jack shouts. I hear footsteps, a door opening and more footsteps. "I only cooked a pizza, but it's still something."

"No Jack. I cooked the pizza." I correct him. He shrugs and dishes it up. "Hi Alex." I smile.

"Oh, hi Ember." Oh my god. This is so awkward. I've done this. We'd normally be best friends. It's my fault. I'm an idiot. I mentally slap myself and take my plate to sit on the couch. I sit with Jack, who keeps trying to steal my food.

"Stop it!" I shout.

"I'm hungry." He whines.

"You can have the pizza if you give me a tour of the place. I haven't seen it all yet."

"Okay." He smiles and takes the slice off my plate. I guess he wasted no time. He gets off the couch, pulling me up after him. "Alex, I'm just showing Ember around."

"M'kay." Alex mumbles and looks back down at his phone. He takes me out back first, there's a freaking hot tub there! That's gonna be my day tomorrow.

"This is the back yard."

"Party Central I'm guessing."

"Yeah." He winks and high fives me. "You've seen downstairs, so I'm taking you up." We pass Alex and go up the stairs. This is a lot like Ella's place, but smaller.

"My room." He opens the door to reveal a bit of a mess.

"How does your room get this messy? I bet you're not here a lot of the time."

"I'm not. But it sort of happens." He shrugs. We leave his room. "Alex's room. It's up to him to show you that. Bathroom."

"Nice to know I can keep clean."

"There's a bathroom to each room, but this is just one for everyone."

"Can I see my room yet?" I beg.

"Hmm. Let me think about it." He smirks and opens a door. "Here we are!"

"I love it Jacky!" There's a double bed in the corner, a dressing table, TV, my boxes are in the opposite corner.

"I'm glad you do. You're bathroom is just through there." He points to the door. I nod. It's plain, but I'm sure I can decorate it. "I'll leave you to sort stuff out then.''

"You can stay if you want." I pick up my case and start to hang the clothes up. He lies on the bed. Thanks for the offer to help. I'm okay thanks. I roll my eyes and carry on. "You have an awful habit of making yourself at home."

"This is my home."

"But it's my room in your home." I roll my eyes and yawn. "Move over brother." He shuffles over and I lie down next to him.

"Sleep then. You're tired. It's been a long day."

"I guess so." I shrug. He goes and I put on some pyjamas. I climb into the bed. It's more comfortable than my old one. I relax and fall asleep.

| Alex |

Things aren't dandy in the world of rock legends.

Actual words that Ember said to me.

I expected it to be less awkward and hugs and apologies. It wasn't. I guess she's not making the effort if I'm not. Which I'm not really. Not because I don't want to, I'm scared she still hates me. I could've spoken to her, she tried to start something. But me being the awkward shit I am, I mumble and sit down. I guess I've just coped to take myself out of awkward situations. I wasn't there when she came in, I was upstairs, doing nothing. I know, I was wallowing around in self pity. I've just made it worse for myself. If I want to change this, I have to work for it. I'm going to try and make it up to her tomorrow. I have to!

She was my friend, I told her that I liked her! I can't just change for an argument.

It's going to work. I know it is. But I just have to convince her to take me back.

"Things are awkward between you two. I'd rather the sexual tension." Jack says, a smirk plastered on his face.

"There was no sexual tension. She doesn't like me." I snap.

"No. You didn't try. That's what's wrong. Now you're feeling sorry for yourself because you've pissed her off!"

"I'm not!"

"You are, Alex. I'd hurry up too because I know that guys have always been interested in Ember, since like high school when they took things too far."

"Hurry up?! She hates me!"

"You've seen the way people look at her, giving her more than one glance."

"Too far?" I ask. The words sink in.

"It's up to her to tell you that. I'm going to bed." He turns off the TV and storms upstairs. Well shit. What is he on about?

_________________________
The picture was needed, because I like it and it's Jack Barakat so.