|14|Cuts Chinese Food and Crazy Girls|

| Alex |

Song: A Match Into Water - Pierce The Veil

My eyes flick open to find Jack jumping on my bed. "Get up douchebag!" He sings.

"I'm up. Now go away." I kick him and he lands on his back.

"Morning to you too, grumpy." He mumbles and gets up.

"What are we doing today?" I ask.

"Nothing. We have radio interviews tomorrow though."

"Great." I roll my eyes. I like doing radio, it's just that the fans are always there, it's like they stalk us sometimes. I love the fans, but some I need to get a restraining order some

"Oh and Rian and Cassie are having a barbecue today. That means food!" He cheers.

"Okay. I'm not moving until it's time to go though." I grumble. Jack gets out my room and starts to jump everywhere, I hear the shower running though. I check the time, it's 12pm, Ember should be up. I grab my phone and bring up her contact, eagerly pressing the call button.

"Lex!" She shouts.

"Hey. I didn't know if you'd be up."

"Well, I am." She says stubbornly.

"Jack just woke me up by jumping on my bed."

"My brother is such an idiot." She tuts.

"I have to live with him."

"Pfft. Good luck."

"I've managed so far." I laugh a little. "What are you doing today?"

"I think I'm going round to Ella's. A girly sleepover thing to cheer me up."

"Sounds good. I'm being dragged to Rian and Cassie's." I roll my eyes.

"You'll have fun."

"I guess."

"Look, you must be busy. Facetime me later? Say 9?"

"Okay. Bye." She hangs up.

I throw my phone on the bed and get dressed, throwing on some jeans and a tank top. I need to look for some flights for Ember. I bring up the web page and scroll through the dates. She'll want to be here for her birthday, so I could do the day before. It's a bit pricey, but it's part of her birthday present. I book the return ticket and smile. I didn't realise Jack got out of the shower until he comes in my room, fully dressed, but drying his hair furiously with a pink towel. I loved his mom sometimes. I loved her even more when she bought him that towel. Thing is, he loves it.

"You ready?"

"Yeah." I throw on some shoes. This barbecue better be good, I have nothing better to do, but I'm not feeling it.

*

"Hey Rian." Jack shouts and goes through the side gate. I unbuckle my seatbelt and force myself into their backyard. Great, there's all of their friends there and a few siblings. I say hi quietly and sit down.

"How's Ember?" Zack asks and sits next to me.

"She's good."

"I get it man, you're missing her already."

"She's only my friend." I argue back and roll my eyes. Zack shrugs and goes to socialise. Not always the best thing for me to do.

| Ember |