Immortals...and me

Chapter Uno 

I've really been wanting to do a story about gods but this is sorta random...I blame my latin class. I'll write a better one, this is just to record my ideas basically haha, tell me whatcha think!

Isn't it funny how one person can flip your world upside down? I think it all started during the early winter. I was sitting in a math class, staring out the window. My mind wandered from the classroom to the ocean, to my room, to my family, everywhere. I heard something being flicked on my desk and looked down. A black pen was sitting by itself on my desk. I picked it up and saw a small note attached to it. I unfolded the note, looking around. No one nearby paid me any attention.  

Meadow, 7? Got a surprise for you! -Jason 

Jason was just a guy from my grade. We were friends since we were kids and the meadow was our 'secret hiding spot'. We hadn't been there in ages and I was eager to go. I refolded the note and slipped it in my bag just as the bell rang. I tried to act as composed as I could feel a smile spreading across my face as I anticipated 7.  

I got up, looking for Jason but he was nowhere to be found. I checked the time on my phone, 3:45. I could get home and change before I went to the meadow. So I packed my bags and made my way through the sea of people that constantly crowded our hallways.  

After a quiet half hour of walking home, I unlocked the door and dropped my bags off inside. No one was home, as usual. My parents were constantly at work overseas and my older brother dropped in from time to time but otherwise, it was just me. I changed out of my uniform, slipping on jeans and a tee. 

I went to my greenhouse, the only part of the house that I liked. The rest of it was too cold and dark. I opened the glass door to be greeted by the scent of foliage and soil. I smiled, this was where I felt like I belonged. I spent my time, walking through the thick greenery and watering plants every once in a while. I quickly lost track of time and soon it was 6:50.  

I rushed inside, grabbing my backpack, dropping my ipod, phone chapstick, and wallet inside. I quickly laced up my converse and grabbed a hoodie then jogged out the door.  

I started a light jog toward the forest which was a five minute walk away. I checked my phone: 7:01. Damn. I slowed down as the forest appeared in front of me. Birds were singing from the bare trees and the sky was a cloudy gray. The wind was chilly but my hoodie protected me well enough. 

I trekked through the forest, humming a song that was stuck in my head and couldn't help but smile, being surrounded by the forest. 

I arrived at the meadow and saw that Jason wasn't there. I checked my phone again, 7:10. He wouldn't have left would he? 

Then I heard some bird cawing in the distance. I turned in a circle to observe my old hiding place. It hadn't changed much, the tall grass, the flowers, the thick trees. Suddenly, I felt a cold presence behind me. I whirled around to see a guy, older than me by maybe two years, 18. He walked slowly, chilling the air. The grass wilted where his feet had rested and it seemed his whole body was glowing with some dark aura. He came up to me and smiled a menacing smile. An unreadable glint shined in his eyes.  

"You're not Jason." I stated obviously, "Who are you?"

"No, but my name has no importance." He moved quickly, too quickly for normal people at least, and swept me off my feet.  

"But you can call me Hades. Did you forget that once the last leaves fall off their limbs and the breeze is chilled once more, you become mine? Persephone?"