16. Throes of passion ~ EMMETT

If there was one thing I didn't expect after pushing Jamie into a changing stall to get away from the watchful eyes, it was getting pressed against the wall and having a pair of hands planted on my chest to keep me there, while getting stared at b...

If there was one thing I didn't expect after pushing Jamie into a changing stall to get away from the watchful eyes, it was getting pressed against the wall and having a pair of hands planted on my chest to keep me there, while getting stared at by a pair of very excited, bright blue eyes. I felt his breath on my wet skin as he whispered, "You fucking liar, you want me."

I swallowed and whispered back, "Whoever said that?"

"Your own goddamn eyes did, Em."

"Is that so? Whatever happened to I'm not looking for anyone right now? Who the fuck starts danci—"

He cut me off by pressing his lips against mine and I instantly froze.

Well, let's be honest: I melted a little bit.

I didn't even try to stop him. I just gave in and accepted that, yes, I wanted him, and I wanted him badly, so I returned the kiss without hesitating any second longer. I'd secretly always wanted to feel his soft, pink lips against mine and find out what they tasted like. I'd always wanted to grab onto his hair and hear what he sounded like when I pulled on it. Even more so, I wanted to see what he looked like when he was naked and—

Okay, but how the flying hell did we even end up here?

I felt like I was having one of those weird dreams where you just wander around cluelessly while chaos ensues all around you and time passes at an alarming rate, until you wake up and lie there in your bed like what the fuck did I just dream? And you know that it wasn't a nightmare, because it wasn't a bad dream, but you're just not quite sure what it was.

That was exactly how I felt right now.

I pulled away and said, "Wait... hold on."

He moved back with a disappointed sigh. "What?"

"I..." I trailed off as I looked down at his mouth, corners starting to pull upwards in amusement, and then I just reached for his waist and muttered, "Never mind, come back here."

We were soaking wet and wearing nothing but swimming trunks—not to mention, we were still in a public place—but all I could think about was that he was a great fucking kisser and I'd take a wacky dream over a nightmare anytime. I couldn't find it in me to say something about what we were doing and our supposed 'friendship', or to say something about how I was actually getting kind of turned on by his tongue and the hands that ran from my neck down to my chest and my stomach and... Oh, I definitely couldn't find it in me to say something when he dropped into a crouch in front of me and—

Well, maybe I fucking should.

Jesus Christ.

I hiked up my trunks before he could pull them down and gave him a warning look, but he only stared up at me with this dangerous, daring smile, which just urged the fire in my body to flare up a thousand times worse, and he lifted his finger to his lips.