Chapter Nine - I'm Having A Moment

Start from the beginning

"Who is Emma? I know that I had work to do but I want to spend time with you now."

Josh then stands up, his tall frame towering over me. He looks pissed off.

Not again.

"Are you having a laugh?" He spits at me. "God Kayleigh, you are so bloody insecure! Would you just trust me for one God damn moment?"

I flinch at his tone.

"I am so sick and tired of you acting like a fucking psycho. You need to chill out, I'm allowed to text other girls if I want to. It's your problem if you think there is something going on." He then grabs his jacket from the side.

I can feel tears build in my eyes. "Josh wait," I beg desperately. My eyes watch him wander to the door and everything in me doesn't want him to leave. "I'm sorry."

He turns around and takes one last look at me. "I'll see you later," he mumbles before slamming the door shut behind him, making me jump.

My lips quiver and I bury my head in my hands. My heart clenches in pain as I think about how much we have been arguing lately, and it mostly ends like this.

The reason why I am so insecure is because I know that he's been messaging girls behind my back, friendly or not.

And I was stupid enough to not do anything about it. I just let him carry on.

Believing that I am acting psycho like he said.

I cannot let him get bored of me, I don't want him to leave me.

I love him.

"Kayleigh," Evie's whisper in my ear snaps me back into reality.

I drop my pen onto the auditorium floor, I reach forward to pick it up quickly. Then I tap it onto the edge of the table, my body feeling irritated.

Looking forward towards the screen, this lecture was killing me. Not that I had really been listening.

"Are you okay?" Evie whispers again.

I turn to her a force a smile. "Mmmm hmm,"

Evie's eyes narrow at me, a look of worry covers her face. I try to write down some notes onto my paper but my hands begin to shake.

Evie places her hand over mine. "Come, let's go." She says instantly noticing my discomfort.

Grabbing my stuff and packing it away into my bag, I follow her out of the lecture hall. I hadn't noticed that my breathing had become quick and irregular.

Once we get outside, the fresh crisp air hits me and I don't hesitate to take a big deep breath. Leaning onto the cold brick wall behind me.

"I'm worried about you Kay," Evie breathes out as she looks at me.

I shake my head towards her. "I'm fine Evie, promise." I fake smile again.

"You don't need to lie to me, I'm your best friend. Please, just let me help you." She drops her bag onto the floor and leans on the wall with me.