Chapter 15~Never-ending

Start from the beginning

Malcolm growled, stepping up and I moved so fast blocking his way to Marie, I snarled. He stumbled back from my inhuman speed. "Just make us a plate."

"Sure," Marie said. Marie opened the refrigerator, as I watched her curiously. She pulled out a pack of sliced ham, walked over to the kitchen back door that led to the side of the house and tossed it. We all watched in the same motion.

"Now go. Eat, like the bitches you are."

Chris snarled moving fast toward Marie. She twisted in a spin now placed at his back, slamming his head into the counter.

I snarled before Malcolm could move toward her.

The pack came running in the kitchen, Chris falling over holding his hand atop his head. Blood seeped through.

My grandmother stepped through the pack, crowding around Chris. "Mckayla," she hissed.

I shook my head disbelieving that she thought I'd done this. In truth, if Marie hadn't done it, I would have done worse. He was lucky that's all he got.

The front door opened and I sniffed realizing who it was. Nina and Rachel. Tension was transmitting through both of them.

They walked into the kitchen, Rachel stepping through first. "What smells good?"

Nina answered before I or anyone else could. "You cooked?" She asked her voice coming off surprised.

My breath caught to her voice like a hook ensnaring me. Marie stiffened behind me and I froze a moment.

This was going to be harder than I thought. How could I love two women? My wolf was supposed to guide me to my mate. Maybe I was too focused on them and not my heart. I hadn't used that emotion in years. Maybe my wolf and I aren't fully one yet.

Nina walked further in noticing Chris on the floor. She arched a brow at me, questioning and suspicious, stepping around him looking over at what I cooked. "Go clean yourself off," she told Chris. Rachel came in behind grinning with excitement. Nina looked me in the eyes, and I saw hidden excitement and want in her. When she looked over at Marie sidling me her expression dampen with sadness.

"This was my favorite dish," Nina pointed out. It was. She would beg me for hours to make it. "Still is."

I nodded in agreement. "This is the only way...I know how to thank you."

I wanted to reach over and touch her. Pull her into my arms, but I couldn't. Marie was standing right beside me and I didn't want to hurt her. I didn't want to hurt either of them.

"Can I get a plate?" Rachel smiled shyly.

I shrugged. "Have you done anything not to earn one?" I said.

Rachel swallowed nervously, shuddering and I arched my brow suspiciously at her. "Oh...umm. Why would...um, you ask me that? Of course not."

I caught the side glance Nina threw her and I frowned. That was a strange response from Rachel.

I grimaced fixing Rachel a plate. "Here you go little sis."

Rachel shot her head up at me with baffled surprise and elation. "What did you call me?" She asked in rapid speed.

I rolled my eyes and both Nina and Rachel looked back at the pack for explanation. I abase my head feeling slightly embarrassed. It was still a shocker to me. I was only doing what they were all waiting for. Me to be more...normal.

"She woke up in a better mood," my grandmother acknowledged.

Nina moved around the counter pressing her hand against my cheek. She stared into my eyes and I felt the heat draw out of my body to hers. Her touch forced my body into multiple shivers down my spine and my wolf howled her inner approval of Nina's touch.