Chapter 8~ A Sister~Updated

Mckayla

I ended up back at the home Gentry been killed. All I had been calling him was 'their Alpha or Gentry.' I never stuck claim to him being anything more to me. He wasn't in my book; no matter what my grandmother said.

There was a lot going through my mind and many who earned a conversation from after that pathetic meeting. I paced a few times snarling as I smelled someone approach. I waited a few minutes knowing it would take her another few minutes to get here.

When she arrived, I snarled facing her with my canines exploding out for her to see. "Come to challenge me again?"

Sara snarled wincing from my wolfish tone. She averted her head taking in a long lingering breath. "No. Something told me you would pay me a visit and I rather not have you come to me angry."

I laughed unamused, sounding like one of the psychopaths who didn't know how to express true and sincere emotions. "I'm angry now."

Sara made the mistake of looking in my eyes and I snarled moving in human as I placed my hand around her throat. I didn't squeeze hard enough to cut off her circulation and that gave her room to speak as she stiffened. "What did you expect... Mckayla?" She had her own anger in her eyes but she never looked directly at me.

I snarled shoving her away.

"Your father told me to prove my loyalty that night. I watched how he beat you. He almost would have killed you if you weren't his fucking daughter." Her words made me face her straight on. I let her have the floor. That night darkened Sara's memory too. "But...I was nothing. We weren't in love. I had no one, except this pack. I was fearful of him shunting me out...or worse."

During that time, I could understand. "And what about now?" I asked on the verge of shifting. I held it in.

Sara shook her head staring down at the ground with a confused look. "I don't know. Malcolm threw the past in my face. I got scared with the idea that being happy to see you would be some type of betrayal."

I glared at Sara a long time deciding if she was being honest. I believed she was. "We were kids. But we're not...anymore."

"I know that," Sara said defensive.

I snarled as if that would help shake some sense into her. "THEN FUCKING ACT LIKE IT."

Sara grimaced shivering at my tone. She was dominant but I was superior.

"We're done," I told her. I wasn't going to say more and if she knew what was good for her she wouldn't say another word.

She was about to leave but turned back. She paused. "I wanted to help you."

I snorted bemused. "If you have been blaming yourself, it was a waste of emotion. If I were in your position I do not know what I would have done. You are right. He spared me for being his flesh and blood. He would have killed you."

Sara nodded thankful for my sympathy if that's what she thought I was giving. Her eyes scanned me from top to bottom. She glanced around. "If you are interested..."

Staring at Sara after her blunt question; it made me thoroughly study her for any game she could be playing. Eventually I glanced down at her body.

"Trust me, I am not harboring some long-lost feelings. I haven't had sex in a few months and who I want I can't have right now. Not as if it will be our first time."

"And if Malcolm smells me on you. What will you do?"

"I've been foolish, I know." Sara sighed. "I'm no submissive bitch and I no longer will act as one. So..." Sara waved her hand out. "We can do this whichever way you like."