Chapter 6 Rather she knew ... or not~Updated

Mckayla
~

I snapped out of whatever lost trance I was in moving in unnatural speed leaping backwards as one of the Weres launched for me.

I knew who each of them were. I could smell their scent earlier, lurking near watchful of Nina and me.

I turned in time catching the second one; Sara by her neck. I squeezed tightly, cutting off her circulation as she whined gasping, trying to escape. Chris, the other dumb Were, tried lunging for me again and I twisted into a full circle tossing Sara, hard into him. Their bodies collided, groaning from pain.

The entire time, Malcolm, who was the third Were watched as if sizing me up. That's all he would do. He wasn't naïve enough to embarrass himself like these two.

My eyes glisten with heated desire in him attacking. I hadn't come here for vengeance but killing him would never harm my conscious.

From the corner of my eye, I finally noticed Nina pacing on all fours, frantic.

She was scared. I sniffed trying to breathe in her underlying fear and I shuddered to what I felt from her.

I thought Nina was afraid of me. I'd given Nina much reason to be, but she wasn't. She was afraid of me getting hurt. At first, I grew angry, not liking that she or anyone ever thought I was weak enough to get hurt. As I continued to watch her, I realized no one ever was too concerned about me getting hurt, besides Marie. Everyone always expected me to come on top. But in her eyes, spoke much more. She was afraid I'd leave. Her pack was already reminding me why I had been gone all these years.

Malcolm was not too concerned with Nina as he caught me off guard, raking his claws across my face. Nina reacted with a whine as if she'd been hit too, my face jerking to the side from his blow.

What a coward. To wait until I was distracted to attack. Blood streamed down my face, soaking up the shirt I was wearing. Four jagged cuts gushed horizontal, starting from part of my nose and mouth, across my cheek to the side of my jaw. The pain burned with a stinging affect.

I turned my head back forward, trying my best to compose my anger. My eyes were already gold, lusting for the chance to rip his entire trachea out with my bare hands. My wolf spoke thick and husky. "Try that...again."

My whole being ached to tear him a part but I hadn't come here to kill him. I came here to do a job. 'At least let me do that first, and then I'd kill you.'

He snarled pivoting back and the other two Weres were barely recovering, running far around me, back to him.

Malcolm shifted, standing tall as if trying to reach a height he would never reach. "I should kill you," he shouted.

"Go on and try," I said, taunting him. He wouldn't do anything. I looked at Chris and then Sara. My eyes lingered on her. "Are you mad because you knew deep down I wanted Nina or is this just to prove your loyalty to Malcolm?" Sara knew exactly what I was talking about.

"You were going to attack her," Malcolm said not giving Sara an opportunity to address my question.

I hadn't noticed Nina shift back. "No, she wasn't," she said weakly. "She showed dominance after I offended her. I'm a submissive, I shifted due to her power not because I was scared."

Malcolm opened then closed his mouth.

"The next time you all want to come along, think twice. I could smell every one of you before we even reached this house." I scowled wondering to myself why I hadn't torn at least one of their limbs off.
Not the right time, I told myself.