Chapter 15~Never-ending

Mckayla

"It's ready," I called out to everyone. The pack filled the kitchen instantly, greedy, and lustful over the food I was about to serve.

I arched a brow at how their mouths seemed to hang open, losing their manners. They acted as if they stopped eating the night I was cast out of the pack.

I used my bare hands pulling out the long deep dish from the oven. I was a werewolf and a very strong one. The pain barely jolted through my fingers.

"Looks like your lasagna came out great," Jace said peering in over a few others.

I nodded not surprised that he already had his plate in hand.

"Alright. Who's ready to eat?" I asked.

I looked up again and in the same motion everyone lifted their hands up holding their plates. They were serious. I smiled, remembering how this was the same way it was years ago when I made them something.

One by one I served them each a nice chuck of lasagna. I made sure the oven was turned off, putting all the dirty utensils in the sink.

"Don't I get a plate?" Malcolm asked. By his tone, he was toying with me. I didn't play games.

I snarled before I faced him. I was relaxing way too much. I should have sniffed him out long ago.

He threw his hands up in a surrender. His eyes scanned mines and then averted. He smiled tightly. "I'm not here to make trouble. I want a truce."

"Don't fuck with me," I said, being short in response.

He laughed with extra flare. "What? I thought you saw the light." He was amused by my sudden change in personality. Really, I hadn't changed that much. I only let the openness formed in my heart be shown.

I grinned mischievously at Malcolm. "Do you want me to give you a review of how easy I could kill...since you think I've gone soft?"

The growls that was resonating through my chest had such power to it I could scare a submissive to death. At least, when it came to my abilities it was possible.

Malcolm got the message stepping back. "My apologies Mckayla. I keep forgetting you're not the innocent pup who left."

He was testing me. My eyes fixed on him I considered striking him. My wolf gritted its teeth ready to force a shift out of me. "You were there when I was forced out. I know you did your part in that. Yet," I stood straighter reminding myself to breathe or my wolf would take over, "I still have you here alive...beside me. I'm beginning to regret that."

I snarled one last time before Chris and another Were stepped into the kitchen. "I'm not packing my canines. I'm just here to eat. That's one thing I did enjoy when you were here," Chris said smirking.

I grabbed a few plates, slamming them onto the counter and they shattered.

Malcolm chuckled. "Something the matter?"

Why was I giving them anything? I decided on not giving them shit. Unless that was literally what they wanted. I wanted to enjoy one day for the first time in years without arguing or wanting to kill someone. But I was seeing that was impossible.

Marie's voice turned me to her as I eased my grip off the broken pieces from one of the plates. Her hand smoothed over my shoulder as she reached over me grabbing the broken pieces and tossing them into the trash. "Don't suppose you boys are hungry," she said toward Malcolm and Chris. The other guy walked out not wanting to be a part of this.

They both smirked.

"Why are you still here?" Malcolm asked annoyed.

"Why are you?" Marie responded. "Hoping to sneak your way into the Alpha status?"